Jerry Falwell & Billy Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Yesua_alMasih

Puritan Board Junior
I do not know that much about Jerry Falwell & Billy Graham as they are not too big in my country. I have heard their names uttered every now and again but otherwise I do not know too much about them except that they are famous. Who are they? Can they be trusted? Are they great Christian examples or are they apostate? Can I trust what they say? The reason I do not just search google is you end up getting all sorts of crazy sites and you never know who to trust. I want a reformed, rational responce.

Both men are very dangerous and unBiblical influences upon American Christianity.

Falwell is a fundamentalist and Graham is a Protestant ecumenist.

I don't have time to provide much info, but Erroll Hulse wrote a good book criquing Graham which I recommend.

Anyways, both in my book get a resounding :down:

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Both men are very dangerous and unBiblical influences upon American Christianity.

Falwell is a fundamentalist and Graham is a Protestant ecumenist.

I don't have time to provide much info, but Erroll Hulse wrote a good book criquing Graham which I recommend.

Anyways, both in my book get a resounding :down:
:ditto:

Billy Graham has a lot of tolerance (and even appreciation) for Roman Catholics and is very ecumenical and tries to avoid almost all controversies, except for the fact that he believes an Arminian gospel. As for Falwell, I would basically classify him a a pop-evangelical icon, always whatever would appeal to most people in the broad Christian community and the politically conservative community at the same time. I second what has been said of both of them above.

I just think ecumenicalism hits rock bottom when it involves tacit unitarian affirmations, stepping on John 14:6 and that "we all pray to the same God" jive.

Falwell's a political activist and rabble rouser. Ever since that article in the Christian Zionist tabloid site "World Net Daily" where he said that America had the moral responsiblity, as a Christian nation, to destroy evil foreign governments, I've classified him as a cultist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back