Is Hebrews 1:8-12 one sentence in the Greek? The Father speaking to the Son entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity Apologetics

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi brothers. I heard in a debate a Trinitarian claim that Hebrews 1:8-12 is one sentence in the Greek. Is this true? If it's true, can you guys help me out with evidence that this is so? Or citations from scholars? Obviously this is very important because it would mean the Father is calling His Son, "God," "Lord," and eternally changeless Creator.

Plus, Hebrews 1:10 begins with "kai" right? Do Greek sentences never begin with kai?

Its important to keep in mind that the punctuation marks we have in our Greek Testaments are not inspired. They were added by Greek scholars. That does not mean they aren't accurate - I typically trust and appreciate the work that has been done to make the Greek Testament easier to read. However, they are not infallible.
That said: the version I use (NA27) places a period between verse 9 and 10. Yes, verse 10 begins with kai, in NA27. In the punctuated Greek Testaments, yes, many verse begin with kai, especially narratives (Mark, especially).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back