I`m buying a new bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Joey

Puritan Board Junior
One of those Postur Pedic expensive thingies.I laid down in one today and almost slipped into a coma.Anybody else have one?

I think we are going to pay about 60 dollars a month for almost 2 years.I do believe it is worth it.AND IT`S A SEALY!:lol:

I`ve been really thinking about buying one for a long time especially since I work at nights and have a very hard time sleeping.I take sleeping pills and am tired of it.

I recently bought one of those "all foam" mattresses, not the Temperpedic but a "clone" version called "Symbol."

I have a bad back and needed something soft. I like it a lot and highly recommend it. I paid $800 or something.

If I had my druthers, I'd get the same type of all foam mattress, but get the bottom part to be "adjustable." If I win the lotto, that's what I'll do! (By the way, I don't play; just an expression.)

HA! I love that you guys are posting about this!

:bigsmile:

I REALLY need to buy one, too, but I do not want to shell out $2000 for bed and covers and stuff...

Originally posted by alwaysreforming
I recently bought one of those "all foam" mattresses, not the Temperpedic but a "clone" version called "Symbol."

I got the Temperpedic. It's nice :cool:

Originally posted by Average Joey
One of those Postur Pedic expensive thingies.I laid down in one today and almost slipped into a coma.Anybody else have one?

No. but I will slip into a coma (sleep) on almost anything. A couple years ago I was in Brazil on a missions trip, the missionaries would joke and say I would make a good missionary because when ever I got tired I could sit down...sleep...and be rejuvenated within 15 minutes. There was one time I was on a bus in Brazil sitting next this short (4'5"), OLD (85-90) Brazilian Lady. The bus did not have a roof and there was a cool breeze, and I started to drift off. next thing I know I woke up with my upper body on this woman's head (I am 6'2") and she looked freaked out...like "why is this American guy sleeping on me?" I felt bad and tried to lean the other way to sleep, but woke up again leaning on her...she changed seats...embarassing.

[Edited on 2-9-2005 by matthew11v25]

Originally posted by matthew11v25
Originally posted by Average Joey

No. but I will slip into a coma (sleep) on almost anything. A couple years ago I was in Brazil on a missions trip, the missionaries would joke and say I would make a good missionary because when ever I got tired I could sit down...sleep...and be rejuvenated within 15 minutes. There was one time I was on a bus in Brazil sitting next this short (4'5"), OLD (85-90) Brazilian Lady. The bus did not have a roof and there was a cool breeze, and I started to drift off. next thing I know I woke up with my upper body on this woman's head (I am 6'2") and she looked freaked out...like "why is this American guy sleeping on me?" I felt bad and tried to lean the other way to sleep, but woke up again leaning on her...she changed seats...embarassing.

[Edited on 2-9-2005 by matthew11v25]

Hehehe you remind me of Indonesian people.They could lay down on concrete and they`ll be snoring.:p

I just woke up about 5 minutes ago with a bad pain in my neck after tossing and turning all day.Oh I am so happy to be getting that bed.

[Edited on 2-9-2005 by Average Joey]

Enjoy the bed but I think I will stick to the floor of the lounge with the outside doors wide open to let the rain in... (I am looking after my sick dog and he might need to go outside but he wont sleep unless someone is with him...) On the bright side I sleep next to the big 21 inch tv - beat that :lol:

Originally posted by Abd_Yesua_alMasih
Enjoy the bed but I think I will stick to the floor of the lounge with the outside doors wide open to let the rain in... (I am looking after my sick dog and he might need to go outside but he wont sleep unless someone is with him...) On the bright side I sleep next to the big 21 inch tv - beat that :lol:
:p

You ought to try the Select Comfort bed. It saved my marriage! My wife likes a bed that's hard as a rock. With the select comfort you get to pick your sleep number. I'm a 45 and my wife is a 90! It costs a few bucks but its worth it. :up:

Originally posted by wsw201
You ought to try the Select Comfort bed. It saved my marriage! My wife likes a bed that's hard as a rock. With the select comfort you get to pick your sleep number. I'm a 45 and my wife is a 90!

You sound just like the commercials on the radio!

Originally posted by wsw201
That's because its TRUE! :banana::banana:

It's the best thing since sliced bread!
Ditto. I wouldn't trade mine for the world, and rarely a week passes that my wife doesn't thank me for it.

DTK

The first 10 years of our marriage hubby and I slept on a cheap mattress that was just awful. I don't know how we could stand it. Finally one year when we got a good tax return we bought a king size pillowtop the one that had the commercial where they drop the bowling ball on one side and it doesn't bother the lady sleeping on the other side. It was best decision we ever made. Its wonderful.

Why no bed Joe?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back