He's got the whole world in His hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mere housewife

Not your cup of tea
A discussion I read here yesterday made me think of this song, one of my favorites:

[video=youtube;NJJ3PlU-lKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJJ3PlU-lKg[/video]

Wonderful old Gospel song and a popular song of the 1950's. Thank you for sharing.

It was sung when Il Papa paraded through Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, in 1982.

By implication it was the Pope who had the whole world in his hands!

I'm sure the song can be sung in appropriate contexts.

I don't know if I follow that logic, Richard. The recessional at my brother's wedding was "The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba" - but as far as I know both my brother and his wife are entirely free of pretensions to being oriental royalty.
Though in this case, of course, it would be quite in keeping with other claims made by the pope.

It was sung when Il Papa paraded through Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, in 1982.

By implication it was the Pope who had the whole world in his hands!

I'm sure the song can be sung in appropriate contexts.

Well that would just take away all the wonderfulness of the song. But yes, I tend to think it was sung in an appropriate context at this concert :).

While I realize that this was a recessional, and thus appropriately faster than the processional, if this was played at the proper tempo, they were making a truly fast exit out of that church. I am not sure that everyone would be able to (H)andel that.

That is extremely clever, Dr. Strange.

And Joshua, your comment shows great um, great -- great -- it's a solid comment and displays a lot of potential for something. Thank you for your contribution.

While I realize that this was a recessional, and thus appropriately faster than the processional, if this was played at the proper tempo, they were making a truly fast exit out of that church. I am not sure that everyone would be able to (H)andel that.

They didn't exit at that speed - only the best man and maid of honor did; they went dismissing everyone pew by pew with numerous hugs.

Joshua it is just impossible to be around you for too long and not feel this terrible urge to trim the occu-pant with who fu floof and bang the tartinkers and play noisy games. I don't know what it is about you. Probably the gunk in your soul and the unwashed socks in your heart and the termites in your smile :).

However, if you continue to take this thread off topic I'm going to report you to an administrator.

I don't know if I follow that logic, Richard. The recessional at my brother's wedding was "The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba" - but as far as I know both my brother and his wife are entirely free of pretensions to being oriental royalty.
Though in this case, of course, it would be quite in keeping with other claims made by the pope.

If you saw footage of the Pope mobile travelling around the stadium packed with RCs singing this, you'd understand what I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back