God Is Not Great

Status
Not open for further replies.

panta dokimazete

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Religion Poisons Everything
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2007, at 1:31 PM ET

This week Slate is publishing three excerpts from Christopher Hitchens' new book, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything.

There are four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum of servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking.

read more

Interesting...thought this might engender some...discussion...

Wow. The extent of human ignorance. And somehow this is counted as genius in colleges that were founded on Christian principles.

An absolutely wonderful critique of this book was done in this month's Paste magazine. I can't find the article online or I would send a link. What are the rules about posting a scanned copy of the article from my hard copy of the magazine?

By the way, the guys at Paste are doing a great job engaging the culture...I believe they are grads of Covenant College.

An absolutely wonderful critique of this book was done in this month's Paste magazine. I can't find the article online or I would send a link. What are the rules about posting a scanned copy of the article from my hard copy of the magazine?

By the way, the guys at Paste are doing a great job engaging the culture...I believe they are grads of Covenant College.

That is a good question - Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back