gender roles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, when you get a few moments tell me why Mrs. James is bad. My wife and I both enjoyed her book When Life and Beliefs Collide and I have given several copies away as well as recommending the book right here on the board.

Tell me what her weaknesses are. Thanks.

From what I know of her, I'm not sure I'd think she is all that bad. From what I know, she tends to take what might be thought of as a moderate view on gender roles. The Covenant staff that formed that other speakers probably/hopefully takes a more zealous complimentarian view.

It would have been hard to find a full-on egalitarian who would have the kind of desire for Biblical fidelity I would think Mrs. James has. She seems like a great choice to spark the kind of useful dialauge they probably wanted.

Ok, thank you Scott for your feedback. So far we have two Texans, one for and one against so you two guys cancel each other out. :)

Not a texan...but if this woman wants to blur gender roles unscripturally, then I have a problem with that.

Time to head to the kitchen to feed hubby lunch...;)

"Ok, thank you Scott for your feedback. So far we have two Texans, one for and one against so you two guys cancel each other out." :D

Not sure if Mike is familiar with the Lost Women book. If not, it might change his opinion. As I mentioned, her other book is supposed to be good.

I said "IF"...just stating my stand. I haven't heard of the woman or read her books. I simply read the article and the article didn't say much.

Originally posted by Scott
Not sure if Mike is familiar with the Lost Women book. If not, it might change his opinion. As I mentioned, her other book is supposed to be good.
I haven't read it or anything, but like I expressed, I am not under the impression she is a strict complimentarian or anything. It's just that it seems like she might actually be a positive part of a discussion on it at Covenant.

To be honest, I'm probably giving here a lot more leeway when talking to people here than I usually would. This somehow serves to be both irenic and provocative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back