Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
.85 per litre here.

that translates to aproxx US$3.67 per (US) gal!

~edit~

My bad I converted the $ the wrong way the actual price is aprox us$2.89.

Last edited:
From 3.19 to 3.09

at my local station. It dropped that much in a day which surprised me since it was Derby weekend.

Last edited:
In part, you can thank the wacky enviros for high gas prices. They have campaigned vigorously so that no new refineries have been built in the US in the last 30 or 40 years, that I know of.

This is why we hear so much about refinery maintenance and breakdowns as a partial reason gas prices are so high. When the newest refineries are now 30 to 40 years old, this is what you get.

It is...ready or not Brothers and Sister where I live at $3.25 for low-grade. Please pray for the great State of Michigan as we weather through our economic woes.

I saw a couple of stations at $3.09 on my way to church this morning. Funny, they were in little, out-of-the-way towns. I think they would have higher prices.

In part, you can thank the wacky enviros for high gas prices. They have campaigned vigorously so that no new refineries have been built in the US in the last 30 or 40 years, that I know of.

This is why we hear so much about refinery maintenance and breakdowns as a partial reason gas prices are so high. When the newest refineries are now 30 to 40 years old, this is what you get.
You are correct. But there's a little more to it. Although we haven't built any new refineries in decades, we have expanded the capabilities of those we have in service. Unfortunately, they can only meet 95% of our demands. That doesn't sound that bad but it actually is. I can't explain it well enough so let me see if I can find something on the web to point to for further info. (I'll post again when I find something.)

There are no plans to build more refineries, only to find an alternative. That's great for the long term plan, but not-so-good for the short term. Until we can get the tree-huggers and their lobbyists out of DC, this is the game we're gonna play.

Today, here in the greater Los Angeles area, I just paid $3.36 per gallon for regular unleaded.

I now go to work, go to church, go to the grocery store, go to pick up my son from work - and, that's about it.

3.56 regular - 3.71 supreme. And I just dumped our Corolla at my in-laws over spring break. All we have until our move is our 15 passenger Ford van at a whopping 9mpg!

Cheapest here is like 3 and a half-ish. Break out the bikes, folks! I think we could all use the exercise, anyway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back