First Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some snow last year in October, then none the rest of the season -- major bummer for a snow-loving mama and a house full of guys.

How come the weather channel folks don't pay much mind to the weather up here in Alaska? A couple weeks ago the news covered all these "crazy" windstorms producing whopping 40mph gusts in the East Coast... we had sustained winds of 40mph for 5 days with gusts up to 100mph! And not a peep!

I was watching the news today at the gym and they were talking about "some folks getting the first snow of the season" and they showed a map of North Dakota... and I thought, "We've already had some snow weeks ago!"

Nobody pays attention to Alaska in the lower-48. I had people taking phone orders tell me: we ship via Postal Service and only to the US!

How come the weather channel folks don't pay much mind to the weather up here in Alaska? A couple weeks ago the news covered all these "crazy" windstorms producing whopping 40mph gusts in the East Coast... we had sustained winds of 40mph for 5 days with gusts up to 100mph! And not a peep!

I was watching the news today at the gym and they were talking about "some folks getting the first snow of the season" and they showed a map of North Dakota... and I thought, "We've already had some snow weeks ago!"

I think that we in the lower 48 just assume that your weather is ALWAYS going to be crazier than ours, Ben!

North Dakota had its first snow yesterday, but it missed us....just rain here!

My sister just posted a pic on Facebook today from Fargo. They're visiting my brother-in-law's family. Of course, they just moved up to St. Paul, so it'll snow there before you know it too!

Rain here. Chance of a frost this weekend - which would see off the runner beans (think in US - pole beans) which have been a waste of space anyway.

Originally Posted by Shawn Mathis
A dusting of snow late last night. It's gonna be a cold winter in Colorado.
That it is.

I sure hope your forecasts for Colo. are wrong!

I'm hoping for a lingering fall and short, sweet winter here in Denver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back