Financial Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Doyle

Puritan Board Junior
I am looking for suggestions for a help course in financial liberty with a biblical emphasis. I have looked at Dave Ramsey and it looks ok but want to do my homework. Or perhaps I am alone in the fight?

Any insights welcome

If you are trying to get out of debt I highly recommend Dave Ramsey's program. Crown is good as well. They seem to be geared more to the management side of things from what I have seen.

Both Ramsey and Crown are great. I lean toward Ramsey. Get rid of all credit cards and don't consolidate. Use the debt snowball.

I know nothing of the Crown, but I have used some of Ramsey's techniques and know friends who've cleared up their debt in a very short time using Ramsey's methods.

Both Ramsey and Crown are great. I lean toward Ramsey. Get rid of all credit cards and don't consolidate. Use the debt snowball.

My wife and I went through Financial Peace University (FPU) a while back and Ramsey's debt snowball method is the reason I looked at my lay-off as an opportunity to study full time. The only debt we have nowadays is our mortgage. Dave Ramsey is coming to Grand Rapids and my wife and I are going to hear him live.

Wow!!! Thank you one and all as I have just signed up for the free trial at Dave Ramseys website. As I am home on medical leave of abscence at work, I studied this out a great deal and even listened to an hour of his program. It seems very plausible and I am excited.

For the glory of my Lord I will gain financial freedom and be a fruitful steward of what the Lord has provided me.

Thanks again

Keep in mind his books can usually be found at the library or used bookstores--more financially sound than buying them, in my opinion! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back