Facebook A.I. run amok

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't happen to me but folks were randomly having their links to various news deleted by Facebook and they recently announced it was because the Artificial Intelligence put in charge after the human monitors were sent home due to the virus fears had a bug.

I'm going to start blaming PB's A.I. when folks complain about post deletions!:nowork:

Well, I grew up ranching and AI meant something different to me. It took me a few resets to understand our world.

Didn't happen to me but folks were randomly having their links to various news deleted by Facebook and they recently announced it was because the Artificial Intelligence put in charge after the human monitors were sent home due to the virus fears had a bug.

I'm going to start blaming PB's A.I. when folks complain about post deletions!:nowork:
AI huh. Why are we using that stuff? Am I the only child from the 80's who remembers all the postapocalyptic robot movies? Terminator anyone? Im more afraid of SKYNET than the corona virus. CV might kill me but SKYNET will kill me. Easy answer to that one.

I've been mildly amused by all the people on my Facebook feed who have not only complained about this but have stated with much confidence that it surely is a plot by Facebook to eliminate their particular viewpoint, or that Facebook is using it as an excuse and a test case to start practicing greater censorship.

These people come from all sides of the political/social spectrum. They all seem convinced that Facebook has been keeping track of their views and is out to get them in particular—as if Facebook had a corporate interest in driving everyone away from using Facebook.

It's all kind of amusing, as I said. But it's also a bit sad, as it shows how distrust has grown in our society.

Yes; I saw a lot of that too. I must have posted the link to this article a half dozen times at least. And one said he still was suspicious.
I've been mildly amused by all the people on my Facebook feed who have not only complained about this but have stated with much confidence that it surely is a plot by Facebook to eliminate their particular viewpoint, or that Facebook is using it as an excuse and a test case to start practicing greater censorship.

Yes; I saw a lot of that too. I must have posted the link to this article a half dozen times at least. And one said he still was suspicious.

People forget the maxim that incompetence is much easier to achieve than is a successful, large-scale conspiracy.

One of my posts was deleted from FB. It apparently qualified as spam because I linked to a National Geographic article.

People forget the maxim that incompetence is much easier to achieve than is a successful, large-scale conspiracy.

That's similar to Hanlon's Razor!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I'm not very familiar with the literature, but there have been papers about the training sets used imparting human biases. So there might be biases there, but that's still a far cry from being intentional. YouTube has also put up a similar announcement, by the way.

Having trouble with Ai? They must not have uncovered the sin of Achan.

Here we are worried about viruses and earthquakes, all the while I’m sitting on top of my arsenal waiting for a T-1000 to show up.
That's why I keep liquid nitrogen in my garage. Some say crazy until the neighbor kid calls me John Conner, morphs into a cop with knife hands and it's on!!! The machines won't beat me, im too crazy for that.

That's why I keep liquid nitrogen in my garage. Some say crazy until the neighbor kid calls me John Conner, morphs into a cop with knife hands and it's on!!! The machines won't beat me, im too crazy for that.
Absolutely.... Just wait till some genius gives one of these AI and it becomes self aware....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back