Dispensational Book Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
David's awesome. There are few aspects of his theology that I do not agree with, but I have seen him debate arminians and catholics with much success.

This is GREAT!

I actually have Larkin's Book. Reading it help "convinced me out" of being a Dispensationalist. Although, having studied some drafting and cartography in H.S. & College, I will say that Larkin was a great draftsman. Imagine the plans he could have drawn up for the Captial Building in the "New Theonomic Republic of America" ;)

I actually own a copy of that book, and can't wait to write a rebuttal of the whole thing some day.

:2cents:

Ice and LaHaye's book doesn't follow Scofield/Larkin Dispensationalism.... it DOES follow much of the 'revised' dispensationalism of the Ryrie/Walvoord era, though. There are differences.

It was this book that illumined me to the separate identities that Dispensational's put between Isreal and the Church. I automatically round filed that theology, having already read Romans and Epeshians as a young Christian.
banishsurvivor.gif

Originally posted by Puritanhead
res ipsa loquitur - the thing speaks for itself -- uh-huh?

The full text of the book's heading is

"The matter speaks for itself, but what the h*** is it saying?"

:lol:

Martin

Originally posted by Martin Marprelate
Originally posted by Puritanhead
res ipsa loquitur - the thing speaks for itself -- uh-huh?

The full text of the book's heading is

"The matter speaks for itself, but what the h*** is it saying?"

:lol:

Martin

Didn't you know dispensationalism is a self-evident truth?

As someone who is (quickly) coming out of Dispensationalism, this book is a good example of what I like to call "ridiculosity." I would say, though, that what is currently being taught in Dispensational schools (Progressive Dispensational) bears little resemblance to this book.

This kind of book and, especially Left Behind stuff, is what is convincing me more and more that dispensationalism is ridiculous in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back