"Dirty Harry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
There's a very interesting interview with Clint Eastwood in today's Los Angeles Times. The context of the interview is the release of the five "Dirty Harry" movies in a boxed set. The movies are, for the uninformed: (1) Dirty Harry (1971); (2) Magnum Force (1973); (3) The Enforcer (1976); (4) Sudden Impact (1983); and (5) The Dead Pool (1988).

Eastwood says that he's being constantly asked by people if or when he's going to make a sixth film. He's amused by these questions; after all, he turned 78 yesterday.

So, in the interview, he played around with the idea. What would a sixth "Dirty Harry" film be like? Eastwood speculates:

Harry is retired. He's standing in a stream, fly-fishing. He gets tired of using the pole - and BA-BOOM!

Or,

Harry is retired and he chases bad guys using his walker.

Or,

Maybe he owns a tavern. These guys come in and they won't pay their tab, so Harry reaches below the bar. "Hey, guys, the next shot's on me..."

Still, he admits he might be motivated to make another one:

I guess if there was a truly great script or something, but it's hard enough to find good scripts any time, let alone one you have to bend to make it fit some franchise.

Harry Callahan at 78. Hmmm...

"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?" Dirty Harry

:lol: I saw that article earlier today. If he made another Dirty Harry movie, I would see it. I mean, it would obviously be better than Indiana Jones 4.

Eastwood's comments are funny.

I just started watching Dirty Harry for the first time several weeks ago. I found it quite laughable regarding how dated it is. The sniper left a note listing is demands for a hundred thousand dollars! The mayor is just at wits end and exclaims, "Where am I going to find a hundred thousand dollars!?"

I guess even ransom notes have been subject to inflation.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back