Crazy!! Bumper cars in the snow home video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: That's so scary...I remember being in a similar situation once on a major highway, not able to stop at a red light, spun around and ended up in the oncoming traffic lane...let me tell you, no fun when you have absolutely no control of the vehicle you're in! Thank God for His protection.

Oh goodness! I take it none of them had their chains on.... silly drivers.

We don't get this kind of weather except maybe once every few years so we tend not to have chains in our cars. I don't have any. Hubby does since he got stuck and stranded overnight a month ago. I was going to get some after this last one. This year has been bad for storms across the country. This particular storm hit right before the commute home. What you see are people trying to make it home. I think I would stay at work.
icon_stressed.gif

Is it just me or the driver shown in the first 30 seconds driving out of pure anger/frustration? Why would anyone continue to rev their engine and take off when it is clear that no amount of driving is going to stop the car or get it back on track?

P.S. Please note that I did not assume the sex of the driver was female. ;)

Actually Daniel the angle is weird but that is a small hill and those people that look like they are accelerating are sledding!! They are like hockey pucks just being ping ponged all over the place. Look at the tires of the last car that looks like they are going along straight too fast, their tires are turned, they cannot stop or turn.

HAHA!! I'm from Portland, too! IT sure was crazy that day :) I tried driving to work that morning, but had to turn around cuz nobody could drive (myself included!)

Any idea where that intersection is?

Thanks for the vid :)
Here is a home video someone shot in Portland over here during this last snow storm. Cars bumping each others like cue balls. Gives new meaning to the words car pool.

http://www.king5.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=114054&catId=80

Oh goodness! I take it none of them had their chains on.... silly drivers.
The snow storm took us all by surprise. The weather people cried wolf on two previous storms (2-4 inches, everyone panic!! -- oh wait ... nothing), and this time, they said "a light dusting, but no more than a half inch" and we got about 4 inches where I live.

The news stations knew it too. They shifted blame everywhere they could. One school district didn't shut down immediately, and the news reporter attacked them for not doing it ... and when the interviewee mentioned the weather reports, the news guy said "but did YOU make a mistake?"

I don't usually watch the news for that exact reason.

It's like that here, not much snow. But I learned to drive in the mountains of Montana, everyone had either chains in their car or studded tires (which only work to a certain degree). I could imagine this would make a lot of people keep chains in their cars or at least an extra change of clothes in the car ;)

That was in 4 inches ?

Y'all can't drive. :lol:

Of course, I'm not going to talk TOO fast. I'm good on snow and ice without chains, but all it takes is one idiot to bump into me and knock me off the road because they can't drive..... and we're only in January, so we'll probably be hammered real good with one storm by mid-Feb.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back