Church of England votes to allow women bishops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't they already allow women pastors? Seems inconsistent to not allow them to be "bishops"!

Weird.

Although I would not agree with the ordination of women, but if a group allows female vicars then I don't see how it could logically deny them the office of bishop. The Church of England has long since relegated the scriptures and promoted human reasoning to top spot.

There are already female bishops in parts of the Anglican communion, correct? (such as the Protestant Episcopal Church)

And there are already female clergy in the Church of England correct? Or is that just the American Episcopals?

There have been female members of the clergy in the Church of England since 1994. It is only from today that they have agreed to have women bishops.

Actually I have just discovered that women have been ordained as bishops within the worldwide Anglican church, I suppose today's decision related to the Church of England itself.

There are already female bishops in parts of the Anglican communion, correct? (such as the Protestant Episcopal Church)

And there are already female clergy in the Church of England correct? Or is that just the American Episcopals?

TEC/ECUSA has a woman presiding bishop that might as well be an atheist.

That's correct. Heretofore, women have been able to be ordained as Presbyters but not Bishops in the CofE. It's consistency in the wrong direction as Stuart has said. ECUSA has had women bishops for a while, one of the many reasons why the African Churches have snubbed recent conventions which included TEC. We'll see what they do about this.

It's no surprise given the slippery slope they started on with allowing female clergy.
Suffice it to say that the Church of England has long since ceased being a bright light for the gospel, and taking the Scriptures seriously.

I feel bad for J.C. Ryle. All this rolling over in his grave must be painful.

It was already going down the tubes with all the Anglo Catholics that had infiltrated unfortunately. But, yes I do think he'd be even more appalled with today.
The Anglo-Catholics were allies with the Evangelicals is resisting the consecration of female Bishops. I wonder if this will cause the Anglican Church of Nigeria to declare the Church of England to be Apostate.

It was already going down the tubes with all the Anglo Catholics that had infiltrated unfortunately. But, yes I do think he'd be even more appalled with today.
The Anglo-Catholics were allies with the Evangelicals is resisting the consecration of female Bishops. I wonder if this will cause the Anglican Church of Nigeria to declare the Church of England to be Apostate.

Yes to the first statement but, nevertheless both are not doctrinally sound. Its like my enemy's enemy.

Yes to the first statement but, nevertheless both are not doctrinally sound. Its like my enemy's enemy.
I understand that you would disagree with evangelicals in the Church of England on Church polity. In what other ways do you think that evangelical Anglicans are not doctrinally sound?

I understand that you would disagree with evangelicals in the Church of England on Church polity. In what other ways do you think that evangelical Anglicans are not doctrinally sound?

I was not talking about the evangelicals but, the Anglo-Catholics as not being doctrinally sound coupled with the liberals advocating womens bishops. Thats what I meant by both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back