best gifts for kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it just depends on the kid. We have a 4 year old, I request Magnetix, Lincoln Logs and Home Depot toys for him.

Boys? I have four, ages 15 down to 7. Over the years they have enjoyed footballs, guns, knives, clothes, guns, knives, money, guns, knives, boxing gloves, guns, knives, boxing gloves, money, etc. :)

Texas boys?

Shouldn't they be shooting shotguns by age 6?

I usually get a big sporting good item, skateboard, new bike, new roller blades, surfboard, baseball glove; but this year he didn't need any of that, so some little stuff.

Now is the time for them to read Edwards, while their eyesight is still acute enough to make out the footnotes.
If they have the guns and knives then a life-size Charles Finney target would be useful to teach them marksmanship and theological hatred at the same time. They can learn to scream, "Die, Pelagian" as they use their weaponry.

lol

Originally posted by py3ak
Now is the time for them to read Edwards, while their eyesight is still acute enough to make out the footnotes.
If they have the guns and knives then a life-size Charles Finney target would be useful to teach them marksmanship and theological hatred at the same time. They can learn to scream, "Die, Pelagian" as they use their weaponry.

Now that's funny!:lol:

Over the years they have enjoyed footballs, guns, knives, clothes, guns, knives, money, guns, knives, boxing gloves, guns, knives, boxing gloves, money, etc. :)
:D

Magnetics, Legos, CDs, DVDs, althetic equipment, books.

[Edited on 12/15/2005 by fredtgreco]

We're getting our 5 year old a fishing pole, new snow boots, some kindergarten level coloring/activity books, and some clothes.

Seriously Scott, my kids really enjoy dressing up. We have this big container for them full of various clothing and accessories that they have a blast with.

My son especially likes to dress up like a soldier. He wears a Hercules costume (although he has no clue that is is a Hercules costume) along with various soldier gear. Sometimes he says he is King David and other times Prince Eric. Lately he has been wearing a pilots outfit with an air captains hat.

We would never spend $80 for the Disney costume. Most (perhaps all, they have quite a lot, so I am not sure) of my kid's outfits are from yard sales or consignment shops.

That is an idea. My kids really enjoy dress up.

If they are in to dress up, then the skies the limit as far as additional items they would be interested in. My kids like books explaining various things that they could pretend to be. They like movies with various themes related to the characters they dress up like (knights, princesses, soldiers, pilots, mothers, doctors, etc.).

Action figures are always popular with boys. Use your own discretion. we refrain from the commercial stuff like Power Rangers, Spiderman, and stuff like that. Rather we look for general figures that do not have specific names so they can make them what they want. My son does has some Rescue Heroes which can be generalized.

Since he is in a soldier/knight/king kick, my son just got these soldier/knight/king figures for Christmas from his grandparents (we exchanged at Thanksgiving since we live far away and were home at the time). He has no clue who these characters are (nor do Mom and Dad), but they are solders with swords, armor, and shields, so that is all that matters.

This may give you some ideas. I can only suggest what my kids are into. My oldest is 4 and my son is 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back