Anyone else in the Midwest snowed-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not in the midwest, in Buffalo and wished all the snow would of stayed in the midwest. We had to cancel our childrens Christmass special for tonight, and pastor canceled sunday service also. we are getting two or more inches an hour now they are talking about lake effect storm heading our way. Stuck in my driveway can't get out so I guess I will get more reading in this weekend seeing how I am house bound.

We're getting ready for another possible blizzard in North Dakota...This will be the second in a week...:eek:

We're getting ready for another possible blizzard in North Dakota...This will be the second in a week...:eek:

Whatcha got there in that avatar, brother? Looks good :)

We could use a little blizzard action down here... we've only got 15" on the ground, and the girls are screaming for more :)

Having a stinking heat wave! It was 73 degrees at 6:30 p.m. yesterday. There was a guy on our street washing his car in his bathing suit...without a shirt, and in bare feet.

My daughter was walking around in her flip-flops today. It's hard to believe that there is so much snow everywhere else. It appears this heat wave in South Carolina is going to continue, at least for a few more days.

Wayne County: broke and not plowin'

A couple of hours ago, I rocked my son's Ford Edge out of a snowdrift... Said snowdrift is in the middle of our court. Then I drove the vehicle to Farmington Hills through snowdrifts on major roads for him. Why are there snowdrifts on major roads here that an Edge can't go through, at least not easily? Because Wayne County is not going to plow anything this winter but the freeways: it has no money. And from midnight on Fridays through midnight on Sundays, there will be no plowing at all, they say. Whatever falls from the sky will have to stay there. :eek:

This will make for a fascinating winter. I'm picturing firetrucks, etc. wrapped around - or in - trees, or stuck -- but I'm not laughing too hard. :cool:

Margaret

(Why was I the one rocking an Edge out of a snowdrift? Because I'm considered to have "a knack" for that. Probably more of knack for that than I do for cooking... :lol: :p Edges, I concede, do not do very well in deep snow unless they're 4-wheel drive.)

Because Wayne County is not going to plow anything this winter but the freeways: it has no money. And from midnight on Fridays through midnight on Sundays, there will be no plowing at all, they say. Whatever falls from the sky will have to stay there. :eek:

Brilliant way to save some coin...

Pray that I can adopt the positive attitude that many of you back East have! (So far...you still have another on the way) I just spent an hour on Hwy 2 into Wrightwood, (a drive that would normally take about 5 minutes) because some hot shot snowboarders decided to stop in the middle of the road to put on chains! The traffic was backed up for miles!!!

I still have to put on chains to get up to my house even though it stopped snowing two days ago... Forget 'White Christmas', we're going to have a 'White Father's Day'!

Tim, I hate to be so ignorant, but what's that ocean they're playing in in your picture?

It's the South Atlantic ocean, off the west coast of South Africa. But the water is cold because it comes from Antarctica. You have to go to the other side of the Cape of Good Hope to get to warm water, which comes down from the Indian Ocean.

Tim, I hate to be so ignorant, but what's that ocean they're playing in in your picture?

It's the South Atlantic ocean, off the west coast of South Africa. But the water is cold because it comes from Antarctica. You have to go to the other side of the Cape of Good Hope to get to warm water, which comes down from the Indian Ocean.

Tim -- Is that close to "shark alley"?

About another 7 inches of snow coming our way. Temps will be a high of 2 tomorrow with windchill far below zero. Won't be double digits temps until Monday.

Well, looks like we get a white Christmas. This picture was taken last night, and it just started coming down again. This is the fluffiest and lightest powdery snow I have ever seen. It sure makes for easy shoveling. And it keeps the temperatures up.

Y'all have a wonderful Christmas, ritualistic break, pagan holiday, day off or whatever term you prefer. Regardless, it is another day that we are given an opportunity to ponder our wondrous Savior...
Christmas%202008.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back