Any Doctor Who Fans Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANT

Puritan Board Junior
In the past couple of months I have discovered the new seasons of Doctor Who ... I was always a fan of the older Doctor Who shows, but the new seasons are excellent! The storys are good and the special effects are great!

Hubby and I just finished season 1 last night. We both liked it alot. It's quirky sometimes and very British but all around good sci-fi. I am just assuming you mean the current Doctor Who and not the old one. I never saw any of the old ones but my husband did.

Big Dr Who fan here.... Well the Tom Baker years anyway.

Just caught some of the latest series on BBC America and it's answered some questions for me like,"How do the Daleks climb stairs?" ;)

(Anyone familiar with the older series will know what I'm talking about)

I do have a soft spot in my heart for the old Dr Who. I watched a couple of eps of the new one and enjoyed it pretty much. I did find the Doctor a little too 'smart alecy' for my tastes though. Maybe its just me.

Me too, I watched it growing up, and have only seen a handfull of episodes with the other Doctors. I must say that hands down Tom Baker was my favorite. I have yet to watch any of the recent episodes.

I really liked the old Dr Who & I was wondering about the new one if it was as good. I am a big sci-fi fan but we don't get the sci-fi channel so I haven't seen the new DR Who at all. I wonder if I can rent it next season?

Hubby and I just finished season 1 last night. We both liked it alot. It's quirky sometimes and very British but all around good sci-fi. I am just assuming you mean the current Doctor Who and not the old one. I never saw any of the old ones but my husband did.

Yes the current Doctor Who ... Christopher Eccleston did a great job in Season 1 ... I was a little leary when the Doctor regenerated at the end of the season and they started using David Tennant in Season 2. But keep watching ... he plays the Doctor very well! Although I still would have liked to have seen Eccleston do more than one season.

I was watching television briefly last night before I had to go to work ... The show "Heroes" was coming on (Episode 17) ... I watched about 45 minutes of it before I had to leave and was surprised to see Christopher Eccleston has a role in it. He looks much different, but I could recognize that voice anywhere. :think: Now ... I might have to watch a couple more episodes of Heroes ....

Just caught some of the latest series on BBC America and it's answered some questions for me like,"How do the Daleks climb stairs?" ;)

(Anyone familiar with the older series will know what I'm talking about)

I love the older series ...

I just purchased one of the Tom Baker stories on DVD the other day ... "Genesis of the Daleks" ... It was classic!

There are so many of the older episodes that I am unfamiliar with ... I have to admit ... I have seen many episode with Tom Baker, but cannot recall seeing any of the other Doctors. I am trying to build my Doctor Who collection with some of the other Doctors ... but man ... those DVDs are expensive.

I do have a soft spot in my heart for the old Dr Who. I watched a couple of eps of the new one and enjoyed it pretty much. I did find the Doctor a little too 'smart alecy' for my tastes though. Maybe its just me.

I loved the personality Christopher Eccleston portrayed of the Doctor in Season 1 ... but I understand what you mean.

Have you seen any of Season 2 yet? David Tennant does a wonderful job and brings a little more seriousness to the role. I finished watching Season 2 the other day ... Now I just wish they would hurry up and release Season 3 already! :gpl:

Oh yeah ... FYI ... They have a runoff show from the new seasons of Doctor Who called "Torchwood".

Here's a link to the web sight if anyone is interested in checking it out ...
http://www.torchwood-online.co.uk/

(Captain Jack Harkness from Season 1 of Doctor Who is playing the main role in this series ... (I think) ... He is playing the head of alien intelligence.)

It's amazing. I read the thread title and I deduced that you were speaking of a physician who is employing the use of specially placed fans in a radical new kind of therapy.

I was wrong of course but the good news is that you have accidentally conjured up the next great health scam. I am going to work on the website, Healing Through Fan Therapy. I will sell the fans, special creams and a booklet. Now is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this exciting medical breakthrough. For just 19.95 you can become an associate but wait, there's more. Order in the next 2 hours and I will include my pamplet (3.95 value) "When Ill Winds Blow." Hurry supply is limited.

Thanks ANT, I owe you one. :handshake:

It's amazing. I read the thread title and I deduced that you were speaking of a physician who is employing the use of specially placed fans in a radical new kind of therapy.

I was wrong of course but the good news is that you have accidentally conjured up the next great health scam. I am going to work on the website, Healing Through Fan Therapy. I will sell the fans, special creams and a booklet. Now is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this exciting medical breakthrough. For just 19.95 you can become an associate but wait, there's more. Order in the next 2 hours and I will include my pamplet (3.95 value) "When Ill Winds Blow." Hurry supply is limited.

Thanks ANT, I owe you one. :handshake:

Great idea Bob! You need a MLM distribution network to make it work however, and I think the PB is the perfect place to start.

If I sign up now can I be a Double Diamond Gold Circle Director?

Great idea Bob! You need a MLM distribution network to make it work however, and I think the PB is the perfect place to start.

If I sign up now can I be a Double Diamond Gold Circle Director?

For sure Kevin, you are in.
For every friend and family member that you will burden with this 'great' opportunity I will give you five dollars off your next order. Remember, churches are a great place to network, I suggest you attend as many as you can. Jesus called his church 'sheep' and a good 'fleecing' now and then is just part of the label. My MLM business, as you are well aware, will be very 'spiritual'. Expect a miracle friend™ because God loves you™ and has a 'successful' plan for your business.

I have a lot of the old Dr. Who on VHS tape. If anyone is interested in acquiring some old DW please u2u me. I also have a documentary that was done by the BBC.

I have to wait to watch season 2 because Netflix doesn't have it in yet. :down: Hopefully it won't take long. We need a new sci-fi fix. We have seen all of the really good series already. I should see if netflix has the old Doctor Who.

Oh my, the old series went for 26 seasons!! That would keep us busy for a while, we only watch one a night typically.

I really liked the old Dr Who & I was wondering about the new one if it was as good. I am a big sci-fi fan but we don't get the sci-fi channel so I haven't seen the new DR Who at all. I wonder if I can rent it next season?

It is available here on Netflix.

I have to wait to watch season 2 because Netflix doesn't have it in yet. :down: Hopefully it won't take long. We need a new sci-fi fix. We have seen all of the really good series already. I should see if netflix has the old Doctor Who.

Season 2 is available on Netflix here.

Yes Scott, it is there but it's in save mode. The release date is unknown. We have it in our queue in the to be released section. :handshake:

Oh, sorry, did not notice. I will have to check out Dr. Who sometime. Do you watch Battlestar?

Oh, sorry, did not notice. I will have to check out Dr. Who sometime. Do you watch Battlestar?

Alas no, hubby was too put off by the first one we saw. The whole snotty Starbuck tough chick thing just put us off right away. So many people seem to like it that I may convince him to give it another go. Any recommendations are where to start in the series that shows it off best would maybe help. :)

Alas no, hubby was too put off by the first one we saw. The whole snotty Starbuck tough chick thing just put us off right away. So many people seem to like it that I may convince him to give it another go. Any recommendations are where to start in the series that shows it off best would maybe help. :)

The series would be better without the new Starbuck. You guys might be interested in Battlestar: The Story So Far.

On second thought, stay away from Battlestar. The conflict is essentially between two sets of anti-heroes. The humans are as bad as the cylons. I watched one last night that was particularly bad ("Black Market"). I may stop watching. The Sci Fi aspect and story are great but the characters are lousy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back