A Lie is a Lie but a Ruse is a Ruse

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a loaded question because I genuinely would do everything in my power to homeschool my children or go into debt to move out of state.

But barring those things I’d remain silent.

Probably lie. I know that isn't spiritual and I won't try to justify it. Remaining silent, as some have suggested in the proverbial "Nazis at the door" scenario, is itself an actionable answer.
Then at least I know I'm in the company of two sane, and honest men.

I would attempt silence, but be tempted to lie. Perhaps forced to act.

Hypothetical scenario. (Or is it?)

Soon in the US, namely California, any parent who does not disclose their child's being temporarily deceived by the gender confusion propaganda, would be lying to the state.

Do you admit your child's confusion?... And have the state potentially mutilate them?

Or remain silent?... Incurring more suspicion.

Or lie?
First, I would do my utmost to prevent them from being deceived (which is why we homeschooled our children during their most formative years).

Second, if one of my children was temporarily deceived I would, like David, play dumb as long as possible - I would keep identifying their gender as their sex....

Third, if playing dumb does not allow enough time to overcome the deception, I would homeschool or move.

Lying doesn't seem to solve the problem - if they're deceived they will eventually say something (or be coerced to say something) when you're not around or in control.

First, I would do my utmost to prevent them from being deceived (which is why we homeschooled our children during their most formative years).

Second, if one of my children was temporarily deceived I would, like David, play dumb as long as possible - I would keep identifying their gender as their sex....

Third, if playing dumb does not allow enough time to overcome the deception, I would homeschool or move.

Lying doesn't seem to solve the problem - if they're deceived they will eventually say something (or be coerced to say something) when you're not around or in control.
This scenario is more about when the state has decided to pay your house a visit, to potentially relieve you of custody. They're at your door ready to take your kid at this point.

This scenario is more about when the state has decided to pay your house a visit, to potentially relieve you of custody. They're at your door ready to take your kid at this point.
Taking the kids isn’t an option for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the whole point. But there are custody situations being determined now in CA based on parents beliefs on the matter.
I think by stating "Taking the kids isn’t an option for us" he means physical resistance. But I get it - NY is not much different than CA. I would exhaust all non-violent methods if possible (like moving). But I am a well-armed non-violent person just in case.

I think I kind of derailed this thread, so I apologize. The more I think about it, (especially in the context of martyrdom), the more I find difficulty justifying giving a falsehood, even to preserve life.

I've given false information in an attempt to preserve life before, maybe I'm still trying to justify it. More than likely it was just adding sin to sin. We're to consider ourselves blessed when we suffer for righteousness sake.

Sometimes maybe its hard to discern what constitutes a war-time instance, where there is a definite enemy before us, and not just a neighbor. Not always so clear cut.

I think I kind of derailed this thread, so I apologize. The more I think about it, (especially in the context of martyrdom), the more I find difficulty justifying giving a falsehood, even to preserve life.

I've given false information in an attempt to preserve life before, maybe I'm still trying to justify it. More than likely it was just adding sin to sin. We're to consider ourselves blessed when we suffer for righteousness sake.

Sometimes maybe its hard to discern what constitutes a war-time instance, where there is a definite enemy before us, and not just a neighbor. Not always so clear cut.
Thanks for the thoughts. What do you think of what Hebrews says of Rahab?

Thanks for the thoughts. What do you think of what Hebrews says of Rahab?
I think she acted shrewdly and swiftly to preserve God's people, as they sought to obey him and advance his kingdom.

She knew she was on the side of unrighteousness, and that the spies were in service of the Living God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back