Is it permissible or improper to speak of Jesus as Co-Creator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgemmen9

Puritan Board Freshman
Jesus is equal to God and Creator. When speaking about the acts of Jesus in creation, is there anything wrong in saying He's Co-Creator? Should we only speak of Him as Creator? Just curious to hear your thoughts and to ensure I'm orthodox in my theology. Thanks

I would stick with Creator. The external acts of God are undivided, meaning there is but one Creator. To say ‘Co’ may invite misunderstanding, especially of the social kind where the three cooperate as three centers of consciousness.

Just my thoughts.

I would stick with Creator. The external acts of God are undivided, meaning there is but one Creator. To say ‘Co’ may invite misunderstanding, especially of the social kind where the three cooperate as three centers of consciousness.

Just my thoughts.
Thanks, I'll follow-up with a question for clarification. I'm writing and trying to distinguish Jesus' involvement in creation as Creator and God the Father's involvement in creation. Hence my thought to use Co-Creator. Maybe I can re-write things to emphasis it as you suggest.

Follow the Bible’s own language on this and you will be safe - John 1:3, 1:10; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Colossians 1:16, etc.

Isaiah 45:16 seems to emphasize that there is only one Creator God. I think I would avoid saying Co-Creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back