True Christians in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

arapahoepark

Puritan Board Professor
Does any one know of polls that would some how show how many true Christians there are in the US. I don't buy these polls that most of the US still is. Even if it was 60%, there would not be such outcries with the whole gay marriage scenario. I don't want to come across as presumptuous so I hope you know what I mean.

One good indicator would be the number of people who attend an evangelical church at least once a month. The number for that (if I remember right) is around 25% of the population.

Does any one know of polls that would some how show how many true Christians there are in the US.
Impossible.

Hence my qualifications at the end of my post. I mean like a general idea since polls keep saying there is still a majority of Christians in the US, which, while I can't judge their hearts, does not seem to be the case.

It's still socially and politically favorable to profess faith in Christ. If things progress on their current course, one day this will no longer be the case. When stating that you are a believer in Christ is culturally embarrassing or comes with any kind of ridicule, the number or percentage of true believers in this country will be easier to calculate.

It's just us here on the PB! :encourage:

Indeed. This reminds me of a joke that Ruth Graham, who was a Presbyterian, used to tell as a means of ribbing her Baptist husband. A Presbyterian dies and goes to heaven. Upon his arrival, St. Peter gives him a tour of heaven. He shows him the pearly gates and the streets of gold and all the other marvelous things. As the tour begins to come to an end, they come to an area surrounded by a high wall topped with barbed wire. At this point, St. Peter begins to whisper, and the Presbyterian asks him "why are you whispering?" To which St. Peter responds by saying "Shhh, the Baptists are in there. They don't know that anyone else is here."

Bill, that sounds like a terribly unbiblical version of the New Jerusalem. I'll be rejoicing along with everyone else when the elect come to glory. And we'll all be ARP.

(Joke appropriated from Dr. Robert J. Cara, RTS Charlotte)

Indeed. This reminds me of a joke that Ruth Graham, who was a Presbyterian, used to tell as a means of ribbing her Baptist husband. A Presbyterian dies and goes to heaven. Upon his arrival, St. Peter gives him a tour of heaven. He shows him the pearly gates and the streets of gold and all the other marvelous things. As the tour begins to come to an end, they come to an area surrounded by a high wall topped with barbed wire. At this point, St. Peter begins to whisper, and the Presbyterian asks him "why are you whispering?" To which St. Peter responds by saying "Shhh, the Baptists are in there. They don't know that anyone else is here."

:lol:
Only Baptists are allowed to tell that joke,,,

:lol:
Only Baptists are allowed to tell that joke,,,

Or this one, what is a Baptist's idea of heaven? A place where you can drink a beer in front of other Christians.

One good indicator would be the number of people who attend an evangelical church at least once a month.

I would actually [-]think [/-] hope that a true Christian would attend church much more than just once a month.

note on the "teen pregnancy rate" in the Aquila article - a pet peeve of mine - this includes married teenage women. So it's not as bad as they make out.

note on the "teen pregnancy rate" in the Aquila article - a pet peeve of mine - this includes married teenage women. So it's not as bad as they make out.

Good point!

Lots of home-schooled Christian teen pregnancies! Marry at 18 and start having them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back