Our church's sermon on April 7, 2024 at Northgate Baptist Church (Pastor Mark Barrett)

JeffR

Puritan Board Freshman

The text was Philippians 2:1-11, focusing on verses 5-11, i liked it, and dad firmly said the Holy Spirit was speaking through the preacher, both our Pastors have the same first name. I had sent the Sproul video on worship i shared here the other day to my dad on email, saying he should spread the word at our church, and he started to do that including both our pastors. For there has been and is drama in our church about the worship service, the old folks for example don't like the modern songs, this probably happens in other churches, right? Well in this sermon it was good, his style of delivery is more spirited and urgent than the main pastor, but what i noticed was when applying the need for the believer to imitate Christ, there was no mention of how The Holy Spirit works in us to do this, which would set us up for works righteousness. If anyone here can take the time to listen, can they confirm my reservations, or am i being too critical. Thank you!!

(and close to the end the greatest gift God gave to mankind is ... "free will"?? Not the Holy Spirit?)

Last edited:
Back