Zondervan on the offensive over TNIV Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first Bible that I bought when I becuase a Christian was the NIV study Bible. I spent several years reading/studying/memorizing that, and while I'm not going to say that it did me a disservice, I will say that I wish I had been reading the NKJV or another Bible from the start.

I remember spending time with patrick (Puritansailor) memorizing Romans 8, and the differences between the NIV and NKJV are not to be missed.

Quote:

"As to vitriol...

It's only vitriol if it disagrees with your position...I suppose many today would be too sensitive to hold a debate with Luther."

Don't get me wrong Aaron I kind of like vitriol (bitterly scathing; caustic), perhaps too much -it definitely makes things interesting.

I can't stand the girlie man, milquetoast ethic that tries hard not to offend anyone above all other considerations.

I read from multiple sources that Zondervan is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who publishes soft p0rn in his Sun newspaper in the UK. If that is true...

I'll stick too my NASB (which was published by Zondervon!!!:barfy: ).

I've heard that Zondervon also publishes the Satanic Bible. :eek:

[Edited on 12-30-2004 by ConfederateTheocrat]

I don't think any current publishing company is headed by a Christian individual. Most secular businesses found out that publishing Christian books is good money. Murdoch, in addition to Zondervan, also owns Eerdmans, the National Enquirer and of course many other famous newspapers. In 1982 Murdoch, in order to raised circulation, published soft-core p0rnography which featured topless girls.

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by Authorised]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back