Your background music while online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
So as I sit here with my flu, I am listening to KPLU online Jazz, it made me wonder, what do my PB Brethren like to listen to while on the computer? I thought about a poll, but there are too many options! So what style, Jazz, Classical, Rock, Blues, and what station do you like (does not have to be an online station, just plug your fave local station if you want!) So what are you listening to?:violin:

Last edited:
No station. I run Windows Media Player with all the mp3s I have ripped from my collection on shuffle mode.

Last edited:
CD or a station?
Windows Media Player, music ripped on to the digital format, what's a CD? Get with the times old man.:popcorn::smug:
Talk about aging yourself (not to derail my thread) but I once said something about having some album on LP, she said "What?":popcorn: (My wife is 12 years younger than me.)
I sometimes buy them for their cover art which I enjoy but I own no record player.

Actually I have a first pressing of Def Leppard's 1983 classic "Pyromania" that is unopened! Brand spanking new with the sales stickers on it and everything it says " Includes The New Smash Hit Singles 'Photograph' and 'Rock of Ages'!"

I've been listening mainly these days to the 2 most recent Tool albums, with a splash of In Flames and Pink Floyd.

I do the same as Daniel, most of the time anyway. I'll bet that I probably have the most eclectic collection on the PB. My tastes run from Classical Chinese to Electronica to Johnny Cash to Radiohead and everything in between. The only two genres that don't appeal much are metal and opera. Right now I'm listening to my all-time favourite Bach piece, Cantata #8, Liebster Gott, wann werd ich sterben.

I also enjoy listening to XM Watercolours on AOL Radio and plugging in groups like Blue Rodeo, Grapes of Wrath, Bossacucanova to Last.fm – The Social Music Revolution

I just listen to the voices in my head.
Drogar-BigGrin(DBG).gif

Just kidding. ;)

...Really!

I do the same as Daniel, most of the time anyway. I'll bet that I probably have the most eclectic collection on the PB. My tastes run from Classical Chinese to Electronica to Johnny Cash to Radiohead and everything in between. The only two genres that don't appeal much are metal and opera. Right now I'm listening to my all-time favourite Bach piece, Cantata #8, Liebster Gott, wann werd ich sterben.

I also enjoy listening to XM Watercolours on AOL Radio and plugging in groups like Blue Rodeo, Grapes of Wrath, Bossacucanova to Last.fm – The Social Music Revolution

I also like Cash AND opera but not together. :)

I just listen to the voices in my head.
Drogar-BigGrin(DBG).gif

Just kidding. ;)

...Really!

:lol: Actually, I really do. Sometimes it is singing: maybe reruns of chorale or, lately, Brahms's German Requiem, sometimes it is a dialogue, sometimes it is poetry. I hear voices all the time (to the concerned psychologists, I "think" them, not hear them with my ears).

But they don't tell me what to do, usually. ;)

It's actually why I find background music to be a distraction. The imaginary music and drama is so much more entertaining.

Bob Dylan, anything Baroque, Bob Dylan, Bluegrass, and, oh yeah, maybe a little bit of Bob Dylan.

Actually my employees always walk gingerly when they hear the sound of Dylan emanating from my office. It either means that I am in a really good mood or having an EXCEPTIONALLY difficult day. Growing up, my five kids all made fun of me for my Dylan fascination. Now, that four of them are grown and married, they all LOVE Dylan and my attorney son actually named his firstborn "Dylan."

Extol rock. I love Undeceived and Burial, Synergy was a bit off, but Blueprint was a step in a good direction.

Huge range I suppose... anything from Miles Davis & Dave Brubeck to Lonnie Smith, Jimmy Smith & Dinah Washington on the Jazz front; Sibelius & Dvorak to Williams & Barber to Corelli & Gabrieli to Glass on the classical front; Creedence Clearwater Revival to Police to (gasp) Midnight Oil on the rock front... then there's weird uncategorizables like Royal Crown Revue and ambient stuff by Eno & Roach :)

None other than some awesome Derek Webb tunes right now...but often, also some Steven Delopoulos tunes and many others as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back