Young earthers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
To correct the “let’s be real” comment. His words were “we are about to meet a talking snake and some semi magical trees, how can we take this seriously?” The answer was because they’re only figurative.

No, I wouldn't attend that church as I would not want my children growing up in a congregation where the Pastor takes man's word above God's Word.

I know who you are lol... and I respect your opinion!

No. If you do not take the creation account as literal, when exactly DOES Genesis start being literal?
I always point this out as well. If you are going to deny a literal 6 day creation narrative, what about the genealogies or the Arc? The Noahic covenant? The entire first third of the Book falls apart quickly.

This is what my initial thought was when I heard the above comment, rather than the age of the earth, this is what seemed to bother me.

My question was, well what about Baalams donkey etc.?

My question was, well what about Baalams donkey etc.?

There is no logical reason why it couldn't happen and it fits the narrative. The situation in the garden is different. It was a nachash, a serpentine being (and in Hebrew it has seraphic overtones). It wasn't Sir Hiss from Robin Hood.

A question to people who believe in a literal account of Genesis...

Would you be ok with attending a Church where the Pastors believe and teach old earth, 13 billion years old, because science proves this etc. and it wasn’t a literal snake or actual tree and so on. But everything else was solid and reformed preaching?

How would you go about this? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!
I tend to see this as being a secondary issue, as one where we can agree to disagree, but would also say that would not be part of any Church that officially held to a Theistic Evolutionary viewpoint in regards to the origin of life described to us in Genesis.

Is the other option not going to all? Going to charismatic church? Going to Arminian church?

Would you go to BB Warfield's Church or a Free Will Baptist Church that preaches 6 day creation? How abuot a 7th Day Adventist Church this preaches YEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back