young earth / rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
For those with a young earth perspective, how would you explain the science of the formation of rocks to children (eg. 6 years old)?

For example, would you say God made with appearance of age (like Adam and Eve). Geologists are generally right about the way rocks form over time (sediment deposited and built up) but God made the earth mature. This would basically embrace the understanding of geology but not the assumption of long periods of time.

Or is there something else? Any online resources would be good too. Thanks

Thanks

I have struggled with the 'old earth' 'young earth' issue for many years.

One of my biggest questions with the 'young earth argument' was how all that petroleum could be formed so quickly.

Scientists say petroleum is a 'fossil' fuel.

Everyone knows that geologists and scientists are very smart, however, they were not around 1 million years ago. Therefore, their knowledge is but conclusions based on conjecture.

Anyway, not everyone believes that petroleum is a 'fossil fuel.'

If you do a Google search with the words: oil bacteria deep earth fossil, you will get thousands of hits that give an alternative explanation.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=oil+bacteria+deep+earth+fossil&spell=1

I am not a sceintist. Actually, I am quite stupid.

Nevertheless, sites like these can help people understand other possible explanations to oil formation, earth aging, etc.

I apologize for the above post. I am so stupid I can not even get a link to connect to a Google page properly.

Anyway, the issue at hand is "young earth, old earth."

Understanding how oil is formed shows just how shaky ORTHODOX scientific opinion is. When you understand how controversial oil formation is, you can really undermine "evolutionary scientists."

If you Google: oil deep earth bacteria, you will get thousands of pages disputing contemporary theories of how oil was formed over millions of years.

I have a link to just one site below.:
http://www.parascope.com/articles/slips/fs31_2.htm

I would emphasize (in 6-year-old language) the role of the Deluge in the formation of rocks and highlight the difference between catastrophism v. uniformitarianism (cf. 2 Pet. 3.3-7).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back