Yet Another thread on Sermon Audio Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnpreacher

Puritan Board Junior
Nobody has taught me more about the Reformed faith in the past 5 years than Joel Beeke. I spend a majority of the time on Sermon Audio listening to his messages, but from time to time I like to listen to other preachers. I've downloaded some Dan Broadwater messages as I enjoy his preaching as well.

Basically I would like to know who are the other Beeke like preachers on Sermon Audio that you guys can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

kvanlaan

Puritan Board Doctor
I likewise enjoy Beeke's sermons greatly. I don't know that I can say that these two men are 'like' Beeke but they are two that come up with some of the same topics (though Beeke is more mild, I find, than these two). They are Stephen Hamilton out of PA (though he's originally from N Ireland) and Richard Bacon out of TX. Two that are indeed more like Beeke's style (same denomination) are Foppe VanderZwaag and Bartel Elshout (his Soli Deo Gloria sermon is a favorite of mine.)

Forgot to add that Brian Schwertley is another one and start.urclearning.org is a great resource for those interested in the Reformed view on things.

Last edited:

Barnpreacher

Puritan Board Junior
Thank you, gentlemen. I have listened to some of the preachers mentioned but not all. I am looking forward to listening to the others.

kvanlaan

Puritan Board Doctor
We're sermonaudio.com junkies here because getting books is so difficult - it is such a blessing as a resource.

VaughanRSmith

Puritan Board Sophomore
Beeke has been a great blessing to me and my wife. We've been working through his Marriage and Family series, which is absolutely top notch. I haven't really listened to many of the preachers mentioned so far, so I'll give them a go too. Thanks!

christiana

Puritan Board Senior
Listen to Richard Caldwell, Jr from Spring TX on sermonaudio and be blest! He is reformed baptist, sound, clear, great speaker, committed to the Lord.

Ravens

Puritan Board Sophomore
I hesitate to post on threads like these, worrying that I end up pitting minister against minister, a la 1 Corinthians. However, practically, as there are so very many pastors on Sermon Audio, and since many people use it as a resource, I'll give my take:

Beeke has already been mentioned.

I've gotten blessed many times by Rev. John Greer, F.P.C. in Ulster. He's doctrinally sound, but also very "experimental" and lively.

David Silversides is always a blessing to hear as well.

Ian Brown, though I'm not sure of some of his positions (also F.P.C., like Greer) has a contagious, passionate spirit to him when it comes to the gospel.

Barnpreacher

Puritan Board Junior
I hesitate to post on threads like these, worrying that I end up pitting minister against minister, a la 1 Corinthians. However, practically, as there are so very many pastors on Sermon Audio, and since many people use it as a resource, I'll give my take:

Beeke has already been mentioned.

I've gotten blessed many times by Rev. John Greer, F.P.C. in Ulster. He's doctrinally sound, but also very "experimental" and lively.

David Silversides is always a blessing to hear as well.

Ian Brown, though I'm not sure of some of his positions (also F.P.C., like Greer) has a contagious, passionate spirit to him when it comes to the gospel.

Greer is a tremendous preacher of the Gospel. The Free Presbyterians have many tremendous preachers such as: Alan Cairns, Reggie Kimbro, John Wagner and the aforementioned John Greer.

On a side note, I don't think anybody views this as pitting minister against minister. There are certain guys I simply receive a tremendous blessing from listening to. I would recommend people listening to guys like Beeke, Piper, and Kimbro any day of the week because of what their preaching has meant to me.

Ravens

Puritan Board Sophomore
Point taken. I was wary of my own motives, moreso than others. Glad to see someone else has benefited from Greer. I haven't seen him mentioned much on here.

:up:

Barnpreacher

Puritan Board Junior
Point taken. I was wary of my own motives, moreso than others. Glad to see someone else has benefited from Greer. I haven't seen him mentioned much on here.

:up:

Brother, God will bless you for your humble and discerning spirit. I apologize if my post sounded critical. I actually understood what you were trying to say.

I have benefited greatly from Rev. Greer. If you've never had a chance to listen to Reggie Kimbro, as I said he is tremendous as well. His message on justification is one of the best I've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.