Yanks Are Cellar Dwellers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMK

Administrator
Staff member
Any Yankee fans believe that there is a comeback in their future?

I'm pretty sure the secret 5th horseman of the apocalpyse casts them into eternal punishment.

:applause:

I am enjoying the early demise of the overpaids so far.

I was at Yankee stadium the other night watching Baltimore drive in 9 runs in the first inning - it was great! But then they themselves (Baltimore) got routed the next night 8-0 :um:

I root for Baltimore in the AL, and so far they are not too shabby for a low payroll that just got rid of their studs Tejada and Bedard.

Pittsburgh is looking better. They might fail at yet another feat this year and that is getting the record for most consecutive loosing seasons in all of Major League Sports (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) - 16. The Pirates are closing in on 500!

I was at Yankee stadium the other night watching Baltimore drive in 9 runs in the first inning - it was great! But then they themselves (Baltimore) got routed the next night 8-0 :um:

I root for Baltimore in the AL, and so far they are not too shabby for a low payroll that just got rid of their studs Tejada and Bedard.

Pittsburgh is looking better. They might fail at yet another feat this year and that is getting the record for most consecutive loosing seasons in all of Major League Sports (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) - 16. The Pirates are closing in on 500!

I'm sure the Pirates will not let you down! They will figure out a way to lose.

I'm sure the Pirates will not let you down! They will figure out a way to lose.
Chuckle!:lol:

It's only May fercryinoutloud ...

I don't get nervous until mid-September.

The Yanks always make things interesting, even when they stink. They only appear to stink for awhile, and then they "make a ballgame out of it." In my humble opinion.

But the Tigers ("World Series-bound and pickin' up steam") always find a way to lose the whole season - in May. Even with Cabrera. And Magglio. And Pudge, who's still trying to find out when/if the season has started... :lol: Marcus Thames, with that grand slam last night: he's "my Tiger..." And Brandon Inge in CF has, you might say, "worked out" in a few instances.

Are the Tigers among the overpaids this year? OH, YEAH! :eek:

I need to vent a little here: I am still mad at Jim Leyland for not starting Kenny Rogers in the first game of the 2006 World Series. :deadhorse: He started Verlander and lost the momentum of the entire series. 2006 was Kenny Rogers's year, but no: Leyland messed him over. The man pitched his heart out during the regular season... 'Twasn't fair at all.

I just wish I had some way of getting to a game at Yankee Stadium this year -- even though they're our arch-rivals...

Margaret

P. S. Sorry if I've intruded into a "guys' only" discussion, but I'm a huge baseball fan, and I didn't need a "men's discussion only" password to post this. Anyone who still mourns the loss of her Bill Monbouquette baseball card... Can she still participate? :confused:

I get a kick out of Yankee haters. They pile on as soon as there appears to be a little blood in the water.

They'll come alive, they always do. They have won 26 titles and they're seldom out of it come October.

I get a kick out of Yankee haters. They pile on as soon as there appears to be a little blood in the water.

They'll come alive, they always do. They have won 26 titles and they're seldom out of it come October.

That's all ancient HISTORY! :lol:

More recently--

2004 Championship Series: Red Sox defeat Yankees, 4-3

It wasn't miraculous, it wasn't mystical, it wasn't mysterious. It was the Boston Red Sox being the better ballclub. Forget the Curse. Forget the ghosts of Yankee Stadium. Red Sox Nation had reason to celebrate. It had, finally, a team that was better than the Yankees, heads-up, straight-on, October baseball, winner-take-all. It took an epic, history-making comeback.
ALCS games
GM 1: Yankees 10, Red Sox 7
GM 2: Yankees 3, Red Sox 1
GM 3: Yankees 19, Red Sox 8
GM 4: Red Sox 6, Yankees 4
GM 5: Red Sox 5, Yankees 4
GM 6: Red Sox 4, Yankees 2
GM 7: Red Sox 10, Yankees 3

from: http://http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/history/championship04.jsp

bos.gif
Go Redsox!

As a matter of principle I find Boston to be the wasteland of the nation due to the vulgar accent that afflicts its inhabitants. Nonetheless, in my hatred of all things Yankee, I give a hearty endorsement to the Boston Redsocks every season, and I thoroughly enjoyed the trouncing they gave the Yanks back in '04.

As a point of reference, my dislike for the Yankees is only surpassed by my utter disdain for the UT Vols, and only slightly above my distinct distaste for the Ole Miss Rebels.

It's only May fercryinoutloud ...

I don't get nervous until mid-September.

The Yanks always make things interesting, even when they stink. They only appear to stink for awhile, and then they "make a ballgame out of it." In my humble opinion.

But the Tigers ("World Series-bound and pickin' up steam") always find a way to lose the whole season - in May. Even with Cabrera. And Magglio. And Pudge, who's still trying to find out when/if the season has started... :lol: Marcus Thames, with that grand slam last night: he's "my Tiger..." And Brandon Inge in CF has, you might say, "worked out" in a few instances.

Are the Tigers among the overpaids this year? OH, YEAH! :eek:

I need to vent a little here: I am still mad at Jim Leyland for not starting Kenny Rogers in the first game of the 2006 World Series. :deadhorse: He started Verlander and lost the momentum of the entire series. 2006 was Kenny Rogers's year, but no: Leyland messed him over. The man pitched his heart out during the regular season... 'Twasn't fair at all.

I just wish I had some way of getting to a game at Yankee Stadium this year -- even though they're our arch-rivals...

Margaret

P. S. Sorry if I've intruded into a "guys' only" discussion, but I'm a huge baseball fan, and I didn't need a "men's discussion only" password to post this. Anyone who still mourns the loss of her Bill Monbouquette baseball card... Can she still participate? :confused:

I don't think you can blame Leyland. It was simply the Cardinal's year. There is no explanation for Jeff Weaver being a World Series game winner.

I don't think you can blame Leyland. It was simply the Cardinal's year. There is no explanation for Jeff Weaver being a World Series game winner.

Okay... No, there is no explanation for Jeff Weaver's being a WS game winner, except that 2006 was not the Tigers' year & it was the Cardinals' instead...

Getting back to baseball in general, and in tribute to all of the old ballparks, including Tiger Stadium and Yankee Stadium, here's that great Frank Sinatra song (happens to be my favorite song that he ever recorded; never fails to make me tear up):

[video=youtube;b1sKMHUE6co]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1sKMHUE6co[/video]

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back