Writing mythology,sci-fi, and fantasy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladestunner316

Puritan Board Doctor
I want to write in these genres Im currently slowly developing a mythology but question whethere or not this is ok for me to do as a christian?

My goal is to incorporate a 'type' of christian world view show that there is one creator etc...

Is this wrong??

Right now I think its ok but im not sure yet.

blade

Could there be any more fantasy than bouncing and spinning heads?...

I think not!!

:bouncy::spin:

:bouncing::tumble:

I have 10 chapters of a book I was writing. It will probabl;y be around 25 or more chapters it looks like. I originally intended on it being an 8 chapter short story, I got carried away it seems.

Your question is a good one. Mine is more along the likes of something Tolkien ish.

They recently talked about this at Whitehorseinn.com. It is a series of 5 messages called White Horse Inn Goes To The Movies. They had Brian Godawa, a hollywood screenwriter, as their guest. They were discussing movies mostly and Brian's book [u:e0642d7280]Hollywood Worldviews: Watching Films with Wisdom and Discernment[/u:e0642d7280]. I think it might indirectly answer your question or give you something to think about. They discuss Lewis and Tolkien a little and talk about how made up stories are a way that we express our own worldview. The series can be listened to in the archive section of the website. Good luck.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back