Worst Sitcom!?!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Humor' started by etexas, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Mr. Belvedere

22.6%
  2. The Golden Girls

25.8%
  3. Charles in Charge

12.9%
  4. Other:Which and why.....

38.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist Dallas Cowboys' #1 Fan

I though Buck Rogers was awesome when I was a kid. And I thought Erin Gray was cute.

2. etexas

etexas Puritan Board Doctor

I forgot about Benson! What were they thinking..........

3. No Longer A Libertine

No Longer A Libertine Puritan Board Senior

Friends was atrociously immoral but did so with cutesy wit and a congenial laugh track.

Will and Grace was despicable, as was the Ellen Degeneres show Ellen, Roseanne was pretty trashy as well.

4. Ivan

Ivan Pastor

Agreed, not only for the gross and stupid show that it is, but also the evil influence it has on those who watched it

5. etexas

Again I want to frame this thread of bad sitcoms...not with the sick and peverse..I want to focus on bad as in stupid cheesy plots, bad writing ,bad acting shows like.....Alice....:lol:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  6. Southern Presbyterian

Southern Presbyterian Puritan Board Doctor

:ditto: to both statements. But now when I see an episode I cringe. And I can say the same thing about Mork and Mindy. What was I thinking? :lol:

7. Barnpreacher

Barnpreacher Puritan Board Junior

Well kiss my grits, Max. What are you throwing Alice into the discussion for?

8. Southern Presbyterian

Come on now. I'd put Alice in the "best" thread. Admittedly somewhere near the bottom, but still in there. :2cents:

Vic Tayback in a comedy....now that's funny. :)

9. etexas

Hey...I COULD have thrown in it's more "sinister" spin-off...that's right...Flo's Yellow Rose!:lol:

10. Barnpreacher

Barnpreacher Puritan Board Junior

:lol: - Don't you know some of the younger ones on this board are scratching their heads at some of these posts.

11. etexas

They don't know what they missed!

12. Southern Presbyterian

:lol: Yea, I'm sure they are. Should we go further back? Like Father Knows Best or Hazel?

13. etexas

Don't badmouth Hazel! She kept the house spotless and everyone in line!;););)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  14. Southern Presbyterian

"Say good night, Gracie." :p

15. etexas

Good night Gracie

16. Southern Presbyterian

:rofl: That gets me everytime.

17. etexas

A classic!

18. No Longer A Libertine

No Longer A Libertine Puritan Board Senior

Has the world forgotten the Love Boat, bad bad bad, Fantasy Island, I used to love the A-Team theme song as a kid but watched an episode recently and could only roll my eyes.

Lest we forget Alf, it didn't survive the Reagan administration with good reason.

Dan Aykroyd headed up a short lived stinker called Soul Man in the mid-nineties about a single dad who was an Episcopal priest.

Musical Cops was a late eighties fiasco that was just as bad as it sounds and Jake and the Fat Man was about everything the title says, way too much fat man at that.

That 80s Show, Fox's effort to capitalize off the popularity of That 70s Show, quickly went the way of the rubix cube.

Don't get me started on Punky Brewster, I even had to watch her in Portuguese when I was five because we lived in Brazil, I must say it was entertaining to watch Hermann Munster dubbed however.

19. LadyFlynt

LadyFlynt Puritan Board Doctor

Or how about Sledge Hammer...hubby has been making me watch reruns of it with him. I'm gonna have it out with the friend that downloaded those for him...LOL!

20. govols

govols Puritan Board Junior

Oh my! First, in another thread you said you used to wrastle, and now this. Stop the bleeding, stop the bleeding.

Where is the guy with the Superman man avatar?? ;)

:rofl:

21. Calvibaptist

Oh yeah? Well, kiss my grits!

22. Dena

Dena Puritan Board Freshman

yeah. no cable & no time to watch it, anyway, as I work full time at a job outside the home all day.

23. DMcFadden

DMcFadden Puritanboard Commissioner

All time worst sit com??? "My Mother the Car" . . . hands down, no credible dispute possible. Jerry Van Dyke was good in "Coach," but my oh my, "My Mother the Car" was a stinko.

24. etexas

Indeed! A true CLASSIC stink-bomb....what were they thinking.........:detective:

25. PuritanCovenanter

PuritanCovenanter Moderator Staff Member

Someone mentioned Benson.... Anyone Remember the Soap he came from? And does anyone remember Whose the Boss?

26. Calvibaptist

He was on Soap, which was actually a parody of soaps. It was a great show.

27. ReformedWretch

ReformedWretch Puritan Board Doctor

As a HUGE Happy Days fan it was natural for me to follow this show, and if not for the "adult themes" wrestling would still be cool to me.

28. DMcFadden

DMcFadden Puritanboard Commissioner

Here is another oldie for us aging boomers . . . "Green Acres" and the people of Hooterville. Although, Arnold Ziffel was one great porcine.

29. etexas

Soap was pretty funny!;)

30. MICWARFIELD

MICWARFIELD Puritan Board Freshman

I always HATED "Who's The Boss". Tony Danza just irritated me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.