World Series Game 7 - Who Ya Got?

Who Ya Got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Puritan Board Doctor
This has really been a great series and now it all comes down to Game 7. So the question is pretty straightforward - who ya got?

Wow, what a game last night, though I am paying for it's late hour of finish this morning. Carpenter, at home, big emotional victory last night--I lean toward the Cards, though they would hang me in effigy up here in Cubs country if they found out that I said that.

I just hope that tonight's game is a close, well-played game.

I'm pulling for Texas, but it's hard to win a game when the momentum has swung like it has. As Ben said, with Carpenter on the mound for the Cards it will be a tough, tough game for the Rangers to win.

Cardinals have all the momentum, I think they will win. But as a Cubs fan, I'm cheering for the Rangers!

I don't like any Texas teams by default. Even more, the Rangers are in the same division with the Mariners, so I can't be cheering for the Rangers. (I also can't stand seeing Bush at all the Rangers games). Pujols is my favorite player and the Cards are probably my second favorite team. With that said, I got the Cards.

I do not like the Cardinals but I feel that they have the momentum. Carpenter is pitching tonight. It's at home. The Rangers had their chance, and couldn't get the strike they needed (twice). I will be rooting for Texas in a close game.

As a side note, I hope that the world is watching this go down. There are some true superstars in this series. Nelson Cruz, Adrian Beltre, and Josh Hamilton could play for any team in any era. They are truly great players. Holliday has been a great hitter for years as has Lance Berkman. Then there's that first baseman St. Louis has- he ain't too bad.

Pujols is the greatest hitter most alive today have ever seen. Many baseball historians have placed him in the all-time elite class of pure hitters- those who hit for a very high average, have great power, and knock in lots of runs- Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Willie Mays, and Albert Pujols.

Last edited:
I do not like the Cardinals but I feel that they have the momentum. Carpenter is pitching tonight. It's at home. The Rangers had their chance, and couldn't get the strike they needed (twice). I will be rooting for Texas in a close game.

As a side note, I hope that the world is watching this go down. There are some true superstars in this series. Nelson Cruz, Adrian Beltre, and Josh Hamilton could play for any team in any era. They are truly great players. Holliday has been a great hitter for years as has Lance Berkman. Then there's that first baseman St. Louis has- he ain't too bad.

Pujols is the greatest hitter most alive today have ever seen. Many baseball historians have placed him in the all-time elite class of pure hitters- those who hit for a very high average, have great power, and knock in lots of runs- Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Willie Mays, and Albert Pujols.

I agree, Texas has some great players. Hamilton is awesome.

The smart pick is always to go with the team in the better situation for pitching. That's the Cardinals tonight. Sorry, Andrew. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

The smart pick is always to go with the team in the better situation for pitching. That's the Cardinals tonight. Sorry, Andrew. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

I will fully admit that I'm not the biggest baseball fan, but this series has truly been great! I have to pull for the Rangers because I would hate for them to be the ones who miss out on the trifecta since the Mavs won the NBA championship and we all know the Cowboys are SuperBowl bound!

There has been a rash of towns holding multiple titles at once. Boston (Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, and Patriots), NY (Giants and Yankees), Pittsburgh (Steelers and Penguins), even can go back a little bit to Detroit (Pistons and Red Wings).

The Cardinals were down 3 games to 2 going into a home game last night.

In the 7th, it looked like they were done since they were down 7-5.

In the bottom of the 9th, 1-2 count with 2 outs, a triple brought in the two tying runs, taking it into extra innings.

Texas fires a two run bomb in the top of the next inning. A two run single equalizes in the bottom of the 10th (again...2-2 count with two outs)

Cardinals hold them to zip in the 11th, and the SAME guy who tied it in the 9th fired a solo rocket into center field to force a game seven.

Initiative = Cardinals
Home Field Advantage = Cardinals
Motivation = Cardinals
Pitching = Cardinals
Home Field Fanbase = Beyond excited

I was rooting for the Rangers the whole way, but I really don't think they stand a chance tonight.

I have zero love for Tony LaRussa but Saint Louis has all the momentum and especially if Carpenter pitches tonight.

I'm right there with you concerning the micromanaging/manage-to-death techniques of LaRussa, but isn't Carpenter pitching on 3 days rest? He didn't that well earlier in the season when he was asked to pitch on short rest, and he's thrown a TON of innings already this season If I recall correctly.

There has been a rash of towns holding multiple titles at once. Boston (Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, and Patriots), NY (Giants and Yankees), Pittsburgh (Steelers and Penguins), even can go back a little bit to Detroit (Pistons and Red Wings).

With all due respect, I'm from Texas so hockey titles don't count.

Ummm... I'm leaning toward the 'Cards... (as I watch the trophy presentation! :p) Actually, not what I expected tonight.... (or wanted, to be honest)

Excellent series. For whatever reason St. Louis really rose to the occasion in big moments. Surviving two 1 strike from elimination at bats in Game 6, robbing homeruns, clutch basehits, solid pitching. Well done.

Well, I guess that was settled. I always like to see the underdog win. This was one of the best series that has happened in years. I actually watched a few of the games between flipping channels while College football games were on commercial breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back