Works of John Flavel

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenderPriest

Puritan Board Junior
I'm not sure who else has read him here. I got his complete works from Banner in January, and am presently reading Vol. 1 - The Fountain of Life, and have found every single chapter extremely rewarding. Even if it's on a subject I've done some reading on (i.e. prophet, priest, king, etc.) Flavel puts a flavor on it that makes me love the topic more after reading, and more importantly, love Jesus all the more after ever page. Has anybody else read him?

I'm not sure who else has read him here. I got his complete works from Banner in January, and am presently reading Vol. 1 - The Fountain of Life, and have found every single chapter extremely rewarding. Even if it's on a subject I've done some reading on (i.e. prophet, priest, king, etc.) Flavel puts a flavor on it that makes me love the topic more after reading, and more importantly, love Jesus all the more after ever page. Has anybody else read him?

I've only read the work you mention (which provided much wonderful conversation between myself and another brother in Christ a couple times a week for several months) and his Mystery of Providence, which is also exceedingly worthwhile. I'm anxious to get my hands on a copy of his collected works so I can draw more edification and encouragement in the faith from this old master.

Hello Jacob,

I just recently finished reading an excellent work by Flavel on covenant theology:

Vindiciæ Legis et Fœderis  - Rev. John Flavel

Good stuff!

Cheers,

I found Flavel's Fountain of Life such a blessing and it had a major impact on me. I even find reading the index of Flavels's works mouth watering.

I am reading "Mystery Of Providence" right now. I have enjoyed it. I am about two thirds of the way through the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back