Women should keep silent - and all these ladies on the PB

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks nikki, but shame on you!!!!!:judge: Lol i meant in regards to doctrine though, not application

i would think some restatement or teaching of doctrine or theology would be necessary when training younger women in the application of that very doctrine we are taught to uphold.

For instance: An older woman is teaching younger women how to be submissive to their husbands, a younger women asks the question why? Should the older women say, sorry i can't teach you that, as that would be veering off into doctrinal areas? I think the older women would need to go into the the doctrine of the fall and the curse, and the doctrine and theology of marriage and what it represents (women submitting to their husbands as the church is submissive to Christ) to answer the young woman's question. :2cents:

halteth! Haltheth

usurpation in progress!

I repeat........

....usurpation in progress​

No, good point Pergamum. I'm attending a fundamentalist Baptist church which hates any mention of doctrine or terms, they make those who know terms feel guilty. Their big thing is that doctrinal discussions aren't edifying, but they get that idea from doctrine lol, anywho um.... about rules for a fellowship dinner, I think corporate worship and fellowship with both genders is biblical, so....I think the rule should be....corporate prayer, all together but separate discussions among varying numbers of people, during a meal lol. As far as fellowship I think that it's a corporate worship gathering and meal but within that you have the varying groups of people and topics, women can teach women, men can teach women, women can teach children, women might teach by questions (kinda like Ex Nihilo up there :) lol), children might teach by questions, everyone might share something that taught them something that week/month/whatever. Women teaching is inevitable it will happen but I think we just strive for perfection? right? maybe? It's very confusing living in the U.S. where things are so different, for instance the way Christians now greet each other is by handshake or hugging when it used to be a kiss, so I don't know how much that applies to this.

Fellowship is also suffering together against sin and persecution, each person in the church should have at least one "fellowship buddy" that they can hold accountable and be held accountable by for discussing sin, struggles, persecution and the like. This is a model that I just made up, make corrections as you will :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back