Willard’s Body of Divinity - Reprints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the plethora of independent publishing editions, the nearest legitimate publishing of Willard's Body of Divinity was by the Johnson Reprint Corporation in 1969. I providentially found a copy relatively cheap over a year ago, but you'd find an 18th Century edition sooner than that one by the looks of it.
Does anyone know of an extant modern reprint of Samuel Willard’s “A Compleat Body of Divinity”?

Gotcha. Thank you all! Would love to see this re-typeset and published.
Since I am bored, lol, and we are told to keep our hands industrious; I am going to see what I can do with the Evans-TCP edition, and the PDF from Archive. Since Evans broke it up into pages, making it pretty easy to track on the PDF, let me see how long it takes to get a workable copy. Once it is typed though, you will have to typeset it for Lulu or self publishing. Which probably means breaking it up into two parts. But it seems like a little adventure, and will give me experience doing this. For the most part, Evans-TCP has done the greatest part of the work, I will only need to do slight editing. But this will also allow me to produce an ebook of it free of charge. It may take a few weeks or a few months considering the free time I have, but Lord willing, it doesnt seem to burdensome; and I have seen others start requesting it of late.

Since I am bored, lol, and we are told to keep our hands industrious; I am going to see what I can do with the Evans-TCP edition, and the PDF from Archive. Since Evans broke it up into pages, making it pretty easy to track on the PDF, let me see how long it takes to get a workable copy. Once it is typed though, you will have to typeset it for Lulu or self publishing. Which probably means breaking it up into two parts. But it seems like a little adventure, and will give me experience doing this. For the most part, Evans-TCP has done the greatest part of the work, I will only need to do slight editing. But this will also allow me to produce an ebook of it free of charge.
That would be so awesome!

That would be so awesome!
My pleasure. It may be a few weeks, or a few months considering the free time I have, but 1,000 pages isnt the end of the world. I will post on the board and contact you when its done. Like was mentioned, Evans-TCP has done 99% of the work already.

Have I got some good news for you brother (and for me so I didnt use my time unwisely.) Someone by the name of Mike Christian has already updated and E-Published this work in its entirety on Amazon. I purchased it and it is legit. It is only $9.99. You may reach out to him, since his email is included, and see how you could go about getting a HC or PB or ask if he would put it on one of the POD sites so you can purchase. But, if you already have a Kindle, you are good to go. You can also read on PC with Kindles PC app. https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Divinity-Hundred-Expository-Lectures-ebook/dp/B016POKEP0

divinity.jpg

Have I got some good news for you brother (and for me so I didnt use my time unwisely.) Someone by the name of Mike Christian has already updated and E-Published this work in its entirety on Amazon. I purchased it and it is legit. It is only $9.99. You may reach out to him, since his email is included, and see how you could go about getting a HC or PB or ask if he would put it on one of the POD sites so you can purchase. But, if you already have a Kindle, you are good to go. You can also read on PC with Kindles PC app. https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Divinity-Hundred-Expository-Lectures-ebook/dp/B016POKEP0

View attachment 10223
Wow! Thank you so much for this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back