Will the Pirates loose 100 games this year?

Will the Pirates loose 100 games this year?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...it won't be in the same Universe of Stupidity with what the Tigers did yesterday (trading Pudge Rodriguez for such a "beefing up of the pitching staff" - :lol: - Farnsworth).

I know this is :offtopic:. If anyone wants me to start a separate thread or delete this, I will.

Anyway, it is relevant hereto because it looks to me as though the Tigers have entered into a mutual futility pact with the Lions on this one, and nothing that any other MLB team does in the process of (maybe unintentionally) shooting itself in both feet even approaches it for the sheer volume of fan reproach that it's likely to garner, and already has.

The "Tigs" (long "i"), as we call 'em around here, are doing to this season what's being done to old Tiger Stadium at Michigan and Trumbull, even as I type. :banghead: Well, might as well make it a "two-fer."

I rest my case against Jim Leyland and Dave Dombrowski on something my husband told me not to bring up again within the walls of our house: Game One, 2006 World Series.

There. Carry on with the previous discussion. I'm sorry. :)

Margaret

Perhaps, because of his track record, the Tigers hired Matt Millen to run the show!

...it won't be in the same Universe of Stupidity with what the Tigers did yesterday (trading Pudge Rodriguez for such a "beefing up of the pitching staff" - :lol: - Farnsworth).

I know this is :offtopic:. If anyone wants me to start a separate thread or delete this, I will.

Anyway, it is relevant hereto because it looks to me as though the Tigers have entered into a mutual futility pact with the Lions on this one, and nothing that any other MLB team does in the process of (maybe unintentionally) shooting itself in both feet even approaches it for the sheer volume of fan reproach that it's likely to garner, and already has.

The "Tigs" (long "i"), as we call 'em around here, are doing to this season what's being done to old Tiger Stadium at Michigan and Trumbull, even as I type. :banghead: Well, might as well make it a "two-fer."

I rest my case against Jim Leyland and Dave Dombrowski on something my husband told me not to bring up again within the walls of our house: Game One, 2006 World Series.

There. Carry on with the previous discussion. I'm sorry. :)

Margaret

Perhaps, because of his track record, the Tigers hired Matt Millen to run the show!

I guess they possibly did! :lol: :p

Maybe I should get my son to show up at a Tiger game wearing the "Fire Millen" tee shirt that I got him a couple of years ago... :) He'd be "game" to do it; I know he would...

(Thanks for that, Pastor!)

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back