Will the Angels win 100 games this year?

Will the Angels win 100 games this year?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMK

Administrator
Staff member
Given that the Angels have added John Garland to their rotation and Torii Hunter to their lineup and the growth of their young guns Kendrick, Wood, and Kotchman and the weak AL West division, (no offence to our brothers in the Pacific Northwest, just keepin' it real) will the Angels break the 100 win mark this year? If not the Angels who has the best shot at doing so?

If not the Angels who has the best shot at doing so?

In the ML or just the American West?

I was thinking MLB. (No one besides the Angels have a chance at 100 in the AL West)

I doubt Red Sox and Yankees can do it because they beat each other up too much. Mets might have a chance depending on how good the Philly's and the Braves are. Cleveland has to contend with Detroit and Minnesota.

I was thinking Cleveland or Detroit also. I doubt anyone from the NL East will win a hundred. The Phillies will have a great team along with the Mets and Braves, and the Marlins will contend enough to take away a few wins from all of them.

Nobody, actually, from the NL seems like it has a chance to win a hundred. Brewers, Cardinals, and Cubs in the Central will beat each other up(my poor Pirates will be in the basement again). Dodgers, Rockies, and Padres are all looking good in the west. The talent is spread too thinly for one team to dominate the rest.

I say Detroit.

The Angels? Win 100 games? Ummmmmmmmmmmmm - No.

Ah, Mr. Zuelch... I suppose you are going to make a case for the Dodgers? Can Joe Torre make that much of a difference in one year? Will he bring the magic back? Actually, I would love to see the Dodgers back in the NL hunt again.

No chance for the Angels to do it. The Mets however, very definitely has the potential to win 100 games. But in the end, it won't matter.

The Redsox will repeat as world champs again this year! (probably just wishful thinking on my part, but after watching the sox bomb year after year most of my life, the last few seasons have been really fun!)

How can the angels win 100 games without their two top starters in the rotation for at least the first month?

They cant. The only team in the West is the Mariners. But if all goes well I only think they can get in the low to mid 90's.

Blade

Sorry I dont know much on the subject of Angelogy.

That should have been one of the answers on the poll for us who dont much about Baseballogy either.

Pittsburgh Baseball

The real question is will my Buccos win 75 this year?

I am with ya. Although I have been primarily an Orioles fan since childhood (grew up in PA just north of Hagerstown, MD) the Pirates are my fall back team and NL team. Unfortunately both teams have been rebuilding for far too long.

image001-2.jpg

Last edited:
I predict the AL Wild Card team will have a better record than the AL West division winner. No offense.

No offense taken. It will probably be the Red Sox or the Yankees that get the Wild Card and either could possibly win 100 games as well.

The only team in the West is the Mariners. But if all goes well I only think they can get in the low to mid 90's.

Blade

I'm sorry but King Felix is not even as good as the Angel's third starter, Jeff Weaver. (As was proved last season in Seattle when Weaver beat Hernandez at Safeco)

I predict the AL Wild Card team will have a better record than the AL West division winner. No offense.

No offense taken. It will probably be the Red Sox or the Yankees that get the Wild Card and either could possibly win 100 games as well.

I don't think the Yankees will win the division or wildcard. They didn't do much in the offseason, and their pitching staff is either too young (Hughes, Kennedy) or too old (Pettitte, Mussina).

I think between the Indians and Tigers whoever doesn't win the Central will win the wildcard.

I don't think the Yankees will win the division or wildcard. They didn't do much in the offseason, and their pitching staff is either too young (Hughes, Kennedy) or too old (Pettitte, Mussina).

I think between the Indians and Tigers whoever doesn't win the Central will win the wildcard.

I hope the Yankees make the playoffs because the Angels own the Yankees but can't seem to get past those pesky Sox.

I am with ya. Although I have been primarily an Orioles fan since childhood (grew up in PA just north of Hagerstown, MD) the Pirates are my fall back team and NL team. Unfortunately both teams have been rebuilding for far too long.

Must be hard considering the Bucs beat the O's in 71 and 79...

Must be hard considering the Bucs beat the O's in 71 and 79...

Yeah, those were the days (well, so they say since I was born in '79).

It seems the Pirates and Orioles kind of parallel each other in times of rebuilding and times of success.

This will be the year. They've got a fantastic manager, great pitching, deep bullpen, mad talent all over the field, young but veteran leadership and loads of enthusiasm.
The Official Site of The Cleveland Indians: Homepage

Mark it down. I have proclaimed it this day.:scholar:

I sure thought last year was the year after they put out the Yankees and went up 3-1 on the Sox. That was painful watching them drop three in a row in the ALCS.

This will be the year. They've got a fantastic manager, great pitching, deep bullpen, mad talent all over the field, young but veteran leadership and loads of enthusiasm.
The Official Site of The Cleveland Indians: Homepage

Mark it down. I have proclaimed it this day.:scholar:

I sure thought last year was the year after they put out the Yankees and went up 3-1 on the Sox. That was painful watching them drop three in a row in the ALCS.

That is myth. Never been proven. :rolleyes:

Sorry I dont know much on the subject of Angelogy.

That should have been one of the answers on the poll for us who dont much about Baseballogy either.

Apparently from the results of the poll, only one person on PB has any knowledge of angelogy.

I'm sorry but King Felix is not even as good as the Angel's third starter, Jeff Weaver. (As was proved last season in Seattle when Weaver beat Hernandez at Safeco)

No your not!!!!!!!! :p

But I beg to differ in one way. Your basing your entire argument off of 1 game in which they faced each other-this is very faulty.

Let's look at stat lines for 2007 shall we-

Jered Weaver

King Felix

Felix had 1 more win, 50 more K's, and an ERA .01 higher.

Jered is a bit older than Felix but outside of that they were almost identical statistically. Jered is a heck of a pitcher and if he is smart he wont take his brothers advice. He is your the Angel's future ACE.

No your not!!!!!!!! :p

But I beg to differ in one way. Your basing your entire argument off of 1 game in which they faced each other-this is very faulty.

Let's look at stat lines for 2007 shall we-

Jered Weaver

King Felix

Felix had 1 more win, 50 more K's, and an ERA .01 higher.

Jered is a bit older than Felix but outside of that they were almost identical statistically. Jered is a heck of a pitcher and if he is smart he wont take his brothers advice. He is your the Angel's future ACE.

Their careers do paralell one another remarkably. They both made it through their sophopmore year better than most. It is usually the third year when you find out how good a pitcher is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back