Why was the ARC formed by churches in the RCA that were opposed to same-sex marriage? Wouldn't it be easier for them to leave the RCA and join to CRC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Silva Mendanha

Puritan Board Freshman
Por que a Aliança das Igrejas Reformadas (ARC) foi formada por igrejas da Igreja Reformada na América (RCA) que se opunham ao casamento entre pessoas do mesmo sexo? Não seria mais fácil para eles deixar a RCA e ingressar no CRC?

The CRC has extremely close relations with the RCA. I doubt the CRC sees much of a problem with the trajectory the RCA is going but I’d love to be proven wrong.

The URC would seem to be a destination, but I would assume many - if not most - of these RCA churches still have women elders which would be a “no go“ for both sides.

The ARC looks like it would be a good fit for merging with the EPC or ECO.

Por que a Aliança das Igrejas Reformadas (ARC) foi formada por igrejas da Igreja Reformada na América (RCA) que se opunham ao casamento entre pessoas do mesmo sexo? Não seria mais fácil para eles deixar a RCA e ingressar no CRC?
I was a little surprised to see a message in Portuguese here. For the uninitiated, this says, "Why was the Alliance of Reformed Churches (ARC) formed by churches from the Reformed Church in America (RCA) that are opposed to same sex marriage? Wouldn't it be easier for them to leave the RCA and enter the CRC?"

The CRC has extremely close relations with the RCA. I doubt the CRC sees much of a problem with the trajectory the RCA is going but I’d love to be proven wrong.

The URC would seem to be a destination, but I would assume many - if not most - of these RCA churches still have women elders which would be a “no go“ for both sides.

The ARC looks like it would be a good fit for merging with the EPC or ECO.
The CRC is having the same internal fights as the RCA. The CRC is heading for the same kind of division. I am guessing that those RCA churches who left decided it was pointless to join a denom where the exact same issue is occurring.

As for the URC, I don't think that is a realistic home for churches in either the RCA or CRC save maybe a select few congregations who have managed to stay the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back