Why is Jesus titled the "Son of God"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jn.12:37-41 Though he [Jesus] had done so many signs before them, they still did not believe in him,*so that the word spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: "Lord, who has believed what he heard from us, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said, "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them." Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory and spoke of him.

Is.53:1 Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the LORD [ALLCAPS=Jehovah] been revealed?

Is.6:10 Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.

Isa 6:1-5 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord [Adonai] sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, "Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory." And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, "Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Is it accurate to say:

Only the "Father" has the title "Father"
Only Jesus has the titles "Jesus", "The Son of God", "The Son of Man"... (labels applied to Him in the Gospels)?
Only the Spirit has the title "Holy Spirit"

In other words, what titles are interchangeable and dont confuse the persons (like "YHWH", "I Am", "God")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back