Why couldn't my friend join PB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB.SDG

Puritan Board Junior
Hi,

I have a good friend that tried to join PB today. He said he wasn't allowed to join because he took an exception to the WCF about recreation on the Sabbath. Unless there was some confusion. Can admin help here? Can someone not be a member for taking that exception? I took the exception myself, so I'm confused. Thanks.

Admins and moderators don't share private applicant information for discussion. Generally speaking, if someone takes exceptions to their stated confession but not with enough specificity so it is clear if it is a minor or significant exception, the application is rejected with a request to refile with more information. As to Sabbath exceptions w.r.t. the recreation clause, it is one thing to say one may take walks, etc., or scruple if one can toss a ball with a child that needs to blow off some steam, and another thing yet to except and reject the clause totally without qualification which undermines the Sabbatarian doctrine of the WCF, Savoy and LBCF. So if someone simply says they take exception and think recreation is okay on the Lord's Day, that needs further explanation to know if it is a true exception, and if so, if it is a minor or major one undermining the doctrine.

Okay, thanks for the explanation. In the future, if there's a question like this, is there a better way to get in touch with admin? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back