Who will win the World Series this year?

Who will win the 2009 World Series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha! Yanks lose Game 1, in Yankee Stadium, 6-1. Cliff Lee is dominant and easily outpitches CC. I shall sleep well tonight!

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy."
The Yankees have a lot to be worried about. The Phillies are hitting on all cylinders, the Yankees bullpen (every single one of them) was horrible, and they are relying on A.J. Burnett (who hasn't pitched a decent game yet) to save them from a gigantic hole.

Cliff Lee is a beautiful pitcher. That game last night was sheer artistry on the part of that man. Anyone who missed the game live should try to catch a rerun of it.

:up: to Lee.

Margaret

Margaret

ok i don't watch ANY baseball. sorry I know.... but I have to limit myself to two sports to watch on TV and football and MMA have my heart, so you can consider this a commercial interuption. ;)
but I think the Cards because they lost the superbowl and so they have to be itching to win SOMETHING even if it is just baseball....sorry I just thought it was a funny
<---- pay no attention to the girl behind the computer screen :)

I now return you to your reg. schedueled thread

I have to limit myself to two sports to watch on TV and football and MMA have my heart ...

:eek:

:wow:

As far as the Phillies go (I'm a Braves fan), that's a potent lineup of young but experienced hitters -- Rollins, Victorino, Utley, Howard; if you make it through them, you've got to put up with the likes of Jason Werth and Raul Ibanez. The only relief you get is Ruiz, and he's killing the ball right now.

Yes, the Yankees will have much to be worried about. They might only get one more start out of CC. Burnett is a decent pitcher, but he's not the guy you want on the mound in a critical game. Because of the way the series sets up, they will only be able to start Pettite one game. But, they do have quite a scary lineup and the most reliable reliever in baseball, so anything can happen.

Commenting on Cliff Lee -- they made a comment in the game that he has a son named Jackson. That would be Jackson Lee. The perfect name for someone going up against the Yankees. ;)

Monkey Boy

I have to limit myself to two sports to watch on TV and football and MMA have my heart ...

:eek:

:wow:

As far as the Phillies go (I'm a Braves fan), that's a potent lineup of young but experienced hitters -- Rollins, Victorino, Utley, Howard; if you make it through them, you've got to put up with the likes of Jason Werth and Raul Ibanez. The only relief you get is Ruiz, and he's killing the ball right now.

Yes, the Yankees will have much to be worried about. They might only get one more start out of CC. Burnett is a decent pitcher, but he's not the guy you want on the mound in a critical game. Because of the way the series sets up, they will only be able to start Pettite one game. But, they do have quite a scary lineup and the most reliable reliever in baseball, so anything can happen.

Commenting on Cliff Lee -- they made a comment in the game that he has a son named Jackson. That would be Jackson Lee. The perfect name for someone going up against the Yankees. ;)

Monkey Boy

I would actually rather have Pettite going than Burnett if I were I Yankees fan. I think the Phils will win tonight, and Yanks will win game 3 with Pettite. The other thing that will really hurt the Yankees is losing the DH (Matsui) in Philly. And if Burnett starts game 5 in Philly, they lose Posada as well (for Molina). That radically changes their lineup - they would lose their 5 and 6 hitters.

yankees.jpg

:ditto:

The Yankees are an anti-American enterprise. They hate, stand for, and represent all that is evil and communist. Before the opening of every season, all members of the team kick one kitten (not each, the same kitten repeatedly). They cork their bats. There's steroids in their "Big League Chew". They cheat at cards and use loaded dice. They hacked my computer. When you sleep, they let the air out of your tires. They double-dip at parties. They framed Roger Rabbit and Lee Harvey Oswald. When the topic of the American Revolution comes up, they are British loyalists. They are fans of Pelagius and engineered the execution of Servetus, only to blame it on Calvin. They crashed the weather balloon at Roswell, NM. But for the Yankees, Clinton wouldn't have been elected. Mussolini, Il Duce, rooted for the Yankees.

I could go on with their crimes, but suffice it to say I despise the Yankees.

The Yankees are an anti-American enterprise. They hate, stand for, and represent all that is evil and communist. Before the opening of every season, all members of the team kick one kitten (not each, the same kitten repeatedly). They cork their bats. There's steroids in their "Big League Chew". They cheat at cards and use loaded dice. They hacked my computer. When you sleep, they let the air out of your tires. They double-dip at parties. They framed Roger Rabbit and Lee Harvey Oswald. When the topic of the American Revolution comes up, they are British loyalists. They are fans of Pelagius and engineered the execution of Servetus, only to blame it on Calvin. They crashed the weather balloon at Roswell, NM. But for the Yankees, Clinton wouldn't have been elected. Mussolini, Il Duce, rooted for the Yankees.

:applause:

:spitlol:

Margaret

My wife teaches at a community college, and the day after the Series ended one of her students had on a t-shirt with a blasphemous image that read, "Even Jesus hates the Yankees."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back