Who are the "Lighthouse Baptist Churches" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Puritan Board Junior
Does anyone knows something of the Lighthouse Baptist Churches ?

Are they forexample calvinistic ?, because i read the next stament of faith from them:

Section 10 - Of the Freeness of Salvation
We believe in God's electing grace; that the blessings of salvation are made free to all by the Gospel; that it is the immediate duty of all to accept them by a cordial, penitent, and obedient faith; and that nothing prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner on earth but his own inherent depravity and voluntary rejection of the Gospel, which rejection involves him in an aggravated condemnation.

Thoughts ?

The ones I have noted are:
Independent Fundamentalist, Baptist, Dispensational, KJV only.

There are variations I suspect, since they are independent churches. I have not seen an organizational or denominational website.

The ones I have noted are:
Independent Fundamentalist, Baptist, Dispensational, KJV only.

There are variations I suspect, since they are independent churches. I have not seen an organizational or denominational website.

Yes they are. I went to one for about a month. I thought with the KJV only it would be a match in heaven. But, alas, it didn't work out.

A Lighthouse Baptist was one of the only places in Juneau when I lived there that preached the gospel and saw God's word as authoritative so I went there. Definitely fundamentalist, KJV-only, Armenian and so forth as others have related. What seemed sad to me is that the folks obviously loved God; my memory of their willingness to work still humbles me; but they never wanted to move beyond proof-texting a simple gospel and proving Calvinists "wrong."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back