Which Version of Augustine’s Confessions?

Pusey or Outler?

• Pusey

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Outler

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.L. Allen

Puritan Board Sophomore
After the semester ends, I want to listen to some audiobooks. I have the LibriVox app, and it’s pretty nifty. There are two different versions of The Confessions by Augustine. Pusey or Outler? Why would you choose one over the other?

I would opt for Pusey's translation. It is an excellent translation (I've read it multinple times) and one that is in the public domain! I do not believe the same can be said for Outler.

I would opt for Pusey's translation. It is an excellent translation (I've read it multinple times) and one that is in the public domain! I do not believe the same can be said for Outler.
That's the one I'm leaning more towards. All recordings on LibriVox are free, so the Outler translation would also be public domain.

That's the one I'm leaning more towards. All recordings on LibriVox are free, so the Outler translation would also be public domain.

Awesome. I have been going through Ryle's Expository Thoughts on the Gospels on librivox (only the last of John is missing) and will soon need a new one. Augustine may fit the bill.

Thank you all for the feedback. It wasn’t the biggest turn out at the polls, but at least it’ll be easy to do a recount. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back