Which "New to You" Authors Have You Read Lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.L.

Puritan Board Sophomore
Greetings PB Friends,

I was curious which "new to you" authors you have discovered lately?

As for me, I purchased a used copy of "The Church's Witness to the World" by P.Y. De Jong and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not sure if this work was written originally in Dutch and translated into English, but it is well written and has a devotional quality to it that I appreciate.

I was drawn to the book due to it being a commentary on the Belgic Confession, but was unfamiliar at the time of purchase with the author. I did a little bit of research and learned the author was a minister in the CRC, a professor for a time at Calvin Seminary, and he helped organize Mid-America Reformed Seminary. Here is an obituary for him on The Banner.

So...what about you? Have you made any new friends lately?

As for me, I purchased a used copy of "The Church's Witness to the World" by P.Y. De Jong and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not sure if this work was written originally in Dutch and translated into English, but it is well written and has a devotional quality to it that I appreciate.
Hi, yes, that commentary was written in English. It has stood the test of time as one of the best on the Belgic Confession.

Most of the authors I read are tried and true, with limited time for reading I try to stick with the ones who have been helpful in the past. I just started reading Carlos Eire's Reformations -- partly because his earlier book War Against the Idols was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back