Which Logos 7 bars package to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Le Roux

Puritan Board Freshman
hey all.

So I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing Logos 7 for my studies. I am a small group leader at the moment, and in the process of a deacon internship that may be pushed to be given the opportunity to preach.

I have spoken to my elders and they want me to teach on a Sunday night or two before allowing me in the pulpit. So there is definite room for growth in the ministry. I also have a bachelors of Theology.

Now. I am a reformed baptist and am wondering which base would be beneficial for me. I am in three minds, one for the Reformed package, the Baptist package and then the standard package.

I am not sure if I should invest totally into the Reformed package and not have any other theological insights from non reformed folk. So with that in mind, I am not sure if one or the other would be better for our church?

Package I am aiming for is the Gold package. However, I have also thought of getting Logos Now and grabbing a lower package and perhaps purchasing a few resources to add, but that doesn’t really save me any cash it actually adds...a lot.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Darryl,
Have u ever used Logos before on the computer u will be using it on? The reason I ask is secondarily to the fact that Logos is a power hog. If u don’t have a fairly new computer w lots of memory and a descent cpu, it won’t run effectively. I know this first hand as I had a 2007 IMac with basic components and it had issues.loading Logos took 10 mins or so on reboot and would hang up routinely. I added ram and still not much better. It was not until I added an SSD, that it ran better.

I contacted Logos on the issue and they acknowledged that the program would run, but it would be less than perfect on an older machine.

I have the Reformed Portfolio.

Hi Scott.

I have. I was actually given a trial to the Standard Gold a few months back. It ran fine. I am on a 2015 MacBook Pro, so it doesn't seem to be an issue.

I know that the more resources one has, the slower it becomes, but with the Standard Gold, as well as the 200 or titles of my own, it was perfectly usable.

Good tip though, Scott. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back