Whether You're For or Against the Celebration of Christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color me a humorless puritan I guess, but I saw it posted to Facebook earlier today and looked at it and didn't care for it because it makes fun of the truth as though the biblical view can't be held without pride, or dropping theological buzz words or showing pride in being theologically precise, etc. And we should not make fun of the truth (WLC on the third commandment).

Color me a humorless puritan I guess, but I saw it posted to Facebook earlier today and looked at it and didn't care for it because it makes fun of the truth as though the biblical view can't be held without pride, or dropping theological buzz words or showing pride in being theologically precise, etc. And we should not make fun of the truth (WLC on the third commandment).
It certainly isn't my intent to make fun of the truth nor do I think was it the intent of the maker. The video is making fun of the various caricatures and the ways they do tend to ring true (yes, even about us!) and not be making fun of the truth. But I don't mean to cause offense, brother.

It certainly isn't my intent to make fun of the truth nor do I think was it the intent of the maker. The video is making fun of the various caricatures and the ways they do tend to ring true (yes, even about us!) and not be making fun of the truth. But I don't mean to cause offense, brother.
I am sure it isn't the maker's intent; nor do I want to come off unloading on you for posting it. Just stating how the video strikes me. But I find a lot of online humor nowadays to be walking up to if not crossing that third commandment line. So I'm fully willing to grant I may be alone here in my take.

I am sure it isn't the maker's intent; nor do I want to come off unloading on you for posting it. Just stating how the video strikes me. But I find a lot of online humor nowadays to be walking up to if not crossing that third commandment line. So I'm fully willing to grant I may be alone here in my take.
I doubt it. But it also doesn't necessarily mean you aren't humorless Puritans! That's meant in all brotherly love and good humor.

Loved the video, Zach; especially the Presbyterian, that was awesome (and the cigar, nice touch).

Loved the video, Zach; especially the Presbyterian, that was awesome (and the cigar, nice touch).
Glad you enjoyed it, Anne! We miss you and everyone else from the church and hope you're doing well.

didn't care for it because it makes fun of the truth as though the biblical view can't be held without pride, or dropping theological buzz words or showing pride in being theologically precise, etc. And we should not make fun of the truth (WLC on the third commandment).
I went into it with the goal of joining you. Failed and chuckled excessively.

Glad you enjoyed it, Anne! We miss you and everyone else from the church and hope you're doing well.
Awww, we miss you and your family too, Zach. I'm doing alright--right now I'm visiting with my family here in NW Indiana and will be heading back early next week.

Awww, we miss you and your family too, Zach. I'm doing alright--right now I'm visiting with my family here in NW Indiana and will be heading back early next week.
Not to butt in, but here I go... Where in NW Indiana? My family and I have enjoyed living out here while I attend seminary.

Not to butt in, but here I go... Where in NW Indiana? My family and I have enjoyed living out here while I attend seminary.
Hey Jonathan, I see you're in NW Indiana; I'm in Highland, IN. When I first met Pastor Jim Thomson at Covenant PCA there was a student at Mid-America who was there at the service (this was way back in I believe it was 2013). Where are you in NW Indiana? Once I moved away from here, I can't say I much wanted to return except for most recently strangely enough; that's probably due to my parents being older and I'm not sure how much longer I'll have them. Once I had discovered that there's mountains, I've always wanted to live by them (I just find it so unseemly flat around here!). But, I keep saying I'm not sure that maybe I won't end up back here for a time soon--there's even pharmacist positions open with my employer around here!

Hey Jonathan, I see you're in NW Indiana; I'm in Highland, IN. When I first met Pastor Jim Thomson at Covenant PCA there was a student at Mid-America who was there at the service (this was way back in I believe it was 2013). Where are you in NW Indiana? Once I moved away from here, I can't say I much wanted to return except for most recently strangely enough; that's probably due to my parents being older and I'm not sure how much longer I'll have them. Once I had discovered that there's mountains, I've always wanted to live by them (I just find it so unseemly flat around here!). But, I keep saying I'm not sure that maybe I won't end up back here for a time soon--there's even pharmacist positions open with my employer around here!
We're in Munster. I like the area, but I can't say I see myself here long term. That's honestly due to the fact that I've moved so much in my adult years. I don't really know where home is anymore, and I figure I can make anywhere home if need be. I grew up around mountains. I don't mind being around flat parts of the country, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back