Where to buy books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went to that site and tried searching through the titles... all they kept listing was that Systematic Theology book.

Or, then again, I might be doing something wrong... :think:

Welcome to Timeless Christian Boooks

They have all of Jay E. Adams books as well as a number of other books that aren't always readily available elsewhere, like James W. Dale's tomes on baptism.

Free shipping for orders over $15 too.

I'm curious to know if anyone here has used them. Most of their books appear to be at a pretty substantial discount, although I haven't checked them against RHB, CVBBS, etc.

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but Timeless Texts is also a good place to shop online. They carry primarily stuff by Jay Adams, but also a lot of other good solid books.

This is very good to know about. I grew up near Lake Norman, but didn't know about this store.

I just wanted to mention that I go to church with the owner of Timeless Christian Books and Timeless Texts and our son also works there! The wonderful thing about the store is that the owner will never out a book on the shelves that has not been read by him or a staff member.

He and his wife were converted as a result of living next door to Jay Adams early in his marriage. So they have had a long and close friendship and he publishes most of Jay Adam's books.

As much as I love Amazon and Monergism, I do try to buy books from Timeless Christian Books if they have them in stock. They have a fine reformed library of books and very little else! Most of the books are 20% off the list price.

I went to that site and tried searching through the titles... all they kept listing was that Systematic Theology book.

No, I think the search function at the site is broken.

Either that, or he REALLY likes Grudem's ST!

-----Added 1/22/2009 at 09:57:48 EST-----

I just wanted to mention that I go to church with the owner of Timeless Christian Books and Timeless Texts and our son also works there! The wonderful thing about the store is that the owner will never out a book on the shelves that has not been read by him or a staff member.

He and his wife were converted as a result of living next door to Jay Adams early in his marriage. So they have had a long and close friendship and he publishes most of Jay Adam's books.

As much as I love Amazon and Monergism, I do try to buy books from Timeless Christian Books if they have them in stock. They have a fine reformed library of books and very little else! Most of the books are 20% off the list price.

What a great story, Janis! Thanks for sharing that! I met them last year at General Synod, took their pics put it up on my blog as "free advertising." Nice folks!

No, I think the search function at the site is broken.

Either that, or he REALLY likes Grudem's ST!

-----Added 1/22/2009 at 09:57:48 EST-----

What a great story, Janis! Thanks for sharing that! I met them last year at General Synod, took their pics put it up on my blog as "free advertising." Nice folks!

That was so nice of you, Tim! Dave and his wife have been a huge blessing in our church plant. He teaches adult Sunday School or Sunday evening Bible study. And the Lord answered a major prayer when he offered our son a job last fall. So we are extremely thankful!

I honestly had never thought to read through this thread to see if they had ever been mentioned, so I was pleased tonight to see that you and someone else had already posted the links!

If you're in the U.K., you should look up and visit (and visit again) Geneva Books in Clapham, London. That's all I will say right now about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back