Where have my italics gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyG

Puritan Board Graduate
I'm hoping some kind and clued-up person will be able to help me. Just to make it more challenging, you have to do it without using any technical language! Otherwise I may not understand.

When you go to make a post, as I'm doing now, you get a nice box, such as I'm typing in now, and along the top of it is a row of little symbols (plus smilies to the right).
If you want italics or a quote box, say, you click on the relevant one and there you are.
Up until about last week I was happily doing that like everyone else, but then suddenly it stopped working. Now, I click on the quote or italics symbol, but nothing happens.

Please can anyone tell me:
does this just sound like a malfunction of this ol' red imac (inherited, ancient) or....I don't know. could it be anything to do with the site itself? I have also experienced difficulties with NOT receiving private messages which I know have been sent.

(Yesterday the penny finally dropped that I can still get the quotes/italics by typing QUOTE in [], but of course that only works for the signs I actually know)

Thanks!

Jenny,

There's nothing wrong with your account. Sometimes browsers somehow corrupt a site as it is downloaded to the machine. Clear the cache of your web browser as that might solve the problem.

Thanks very much!

Ooookaaay......I'm sure one of the kids will be able to translate that for me!

Jenny,
Near the top of your browser, you probably have some version of a button marked Tools or Internet Settings (I don't have a Mac, so I'm not sure of the label). Generally, if you click that, there will be an option for clearing the cache or clearing your private data. It's sort of like a short-term memory that gets clogged up after a while.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!
that sounds promising, I will see if I can do it.
Thank you for taking the time,
Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back