What's On Your List?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm extremely thankful I received a nice bonus for work this year. We have been very, very tight the last year financially, so the money comes in handy with a variety of needs we have. None of this is essentially tied to Christmas more than it is the timing of the bonus check, but for what it's worth...

We're going to use much of it to completely remodel our hall bathroom ceiling-to-floor, as it is still stuck in the early 80's. We upgraded the technology in our homeschool earlier this year with a new desktop and laptop, so with the bonus I'm finally upgrading a couple of things for myself this month, including an iPhone 4s (my current 3-year old phone seems so ancient) and a Kindle Touch (been wanting one for a long while). My wife is getting a couple of new outfits for church, a new microwave (we haven't had a working one for several months now, which was kind of cool - long story), dishwasher (our current one is very old and on its last legs), and a Keurig coffee maker (special treat just for her - I don't drink coffee). And finally, for the cooler months, we've purchased a very nice heated blanket with dual controls from Land's End for our bed.

Most of it is "need" based but it's nice to have a little cash for a couple of "toys" for a change and to stick a little in savings along with the tithed portion.

Man, nice bonus. If you wait a few years that 1980's bathroom will be back in style.

I don't really have a list..the only thing that was on it, my husband bought last month, and as soon as we walked in the door he was opening the box..

Now I just need to record all my old LP's to cd's and mp3s

This just in... I got my first round so far and the bowties have landed. As well as the muppet show on dvd (an added bonus)

"CHRISTmas time is coming!we all know as christians why that day is special out of any other holidays"

I'm sorry brother bt i have no idea what you mean, there is nothing special about the day at all (of course as 25th is the Sabbath it is as every Sabbath, the lord's Day Not our day to endulge and pass around presents and only attend worship once instead of twice). In fact the 25th December is Satans greatest display of trickery.

I'm sorry that i have to be serious but when i see brothers in Christ being swooned by the pagan/papist feast of Christ's masse (blasphemy).

I would urge all brothers to search the scriptures and look for a com,mandment to indulge in the pagan fest.

No gifts, no special meal, no trees, no breaking the second commandment, the 25th December will be the Sabbath, and we rest in Him, our speech is in Him, the word of God alone.

In Christ

Here is what I got or am getting:

- The Rocky Collection on Blue Ray
- John Owens - Overcoming Sin and Temptation
- Richard D. Phillips - The Masculine Mandate: God's Calling to Men
- Skyrim on Xbox 360

Thats it for me..

...got a single malt scotch and Cap. Black pipe tobacco from co-workers...

I would urge all brothers to search the scriptures and look for a commandment to indulge in the pagan fest.

:ditto: At the top of my "list" is getting this 'greedy season' over and done with, at least for another year.

Yeah. I can't wait to get it over and done with too. Greedy season is a good name. But I do find when the day approaches, my wife gets excited and it spreads to me. I also like that I get 5 days off of work.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

...got a single malt scotch and Cap. Black pipe tobacco from co-workers...

Nice!!!

Can I amend my list? I'd like to add some Tabac EDT...since I already got a bottle of good whiskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back