What Was Your Last Straw for Dispensationalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not answer my question. I said the dispensational premill has a reason for their premill theology - ie, 1000 year milennium for National Israel. But what is the purpose of a millennium for a non dispensational premiTHE OUTPISEBIS TO HAll?
You did not answer my question. I said the dispensational premill has a reason for their premill theology - ie, 1000 year milennium for National Israel. But what is the purpose of a millennium for a non dispensational premill?
The purpose would be to have the fullness of the Kingdom here with Jesus, as that would be the ultimate fulfillment of the Messianic Age.

The purpose would be to have the fullness of the Kingdom here with Jesus, as that would be the ultimate fulfillment of the Messianic Age.
David, I can argue that those truths, in the fullest sense, are true of the Amill view, with the added advantage that in the Amill view we get to enjoy the new heavens and the new earth, without being 1000 years in a millennium in this fallen sinful earth :)

David, I can argue that those truths, in the fullest sense, are true of the Amill view, with the added advantage that in the Amill view we get to enjoy the new heavens and the new earth, without being 1000 years in a millennium in this fallen sinful earth :)
I do not seek to argue, as think that both views can be supported by scripture, and also see thsi hinges on how we view just what the First resurrection really is, and just what the Messianic Age is from the perspective of the messiah reigning.

What? You mean charts like this one? What's crazy about that? :lol:
42008fc119d15872699b8a410c95186a.jpg
I was on the USS Forrestal when this stuff was introduced to me. I had recently read that Luke referred to Moses and Israel as the Church in the Wilderness and told in a Larking book that the word Church was incorrectly translated or misunderstood.

Act 7:35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.
Act 7:36 He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.
Act 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
Act 7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

I believed them to be incorrect and never bought the bait. I was introduced to amillenialism while I was in France because I found out my Church wasn't Premillennial. William Cox who wrote a book called Amillenialism Today and wrote books on Scofieldism. He became a favorite author and someone I trusted to read on the topic of Eschatology. I then was led to Hoekema's book, The Bible and Future.

The best book I have read on the topic of eschatology has been Cornel Venema's 'The Promise of the Future'. It is a great book teaching historical understanding and thought.

Here is a small booklet P&R published by William Cox when I worked at Christian Bookstore in the 80's.
Why I left Scofieldism.
https://rpcnacovenanter.wordpress.com/2013/06/22/why-i-left-scofieldism-by-william-cox/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back