What to do if your kids are getting chubby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who is looking forward to Perg's children joining PB so that they can solicit advice on how to get their Dad to read more books? ;):stirpot:

Am I the only one who is looking forward to Perg's children joining PB so that they can solicit advice on how to get their Dad to read more books? ;):stirpot:

I have got an idea. Let us take an old tome by a long-dead Reformed divine, remove the dust jacket, and replace it with one of our own, which reads "How to make your kids slim. By Owen John." ;):stirpot:

I have got an idea. Let us take an old tome by a long-dead Reformed divine, remove the dust jacket, and replace it with one of our own, which reads "How to make your kids slim. By Owen John."
I agree on much of this but we must remember a diet is to be balanced. Indeed one must presuppose this. Owen John was known for enjoying lavish feasts. Perhaps we need to balance the Puritan with the Dutch. The slogan "if its Dutch it isn't much" might be helpful here; "not much" implies a lower food intake. Less food = less calories. So why not include another book "Presuppose that slim kids is a good idea" by Van Til Cornelius :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

I finished 2 audiobooks this week while at the gym. BAM......two birds with one stone!

p.s. I listen to audiobooks so they can sound out all them hard words for me.

Yes, a child left to himself thrives. Isn't that what Proverbs says.

A parent excessively concerned with how a child looks through the various phases of childhood can contribute to a lifetime of eating disorders.

There are three main drivers to the current "obesity" panic:

1) Governmental redefinition - what used to be considered healthy was arbitrarily re-defined to be obese.
2) The war on tobacco. Cigarettes may kill you, but they used to be effective in helping college girls stay skinny.
3) Grossly obese snowflakes accusing others of "body shaming" to justify lack of self control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back