What soundtracks have influence you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;mGV7Zeutirk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGV7Zeutirk[/video]

[video=youtube;ngedxuhudm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngedxuhudm4[/video]

Nobody's mentioned The Mission? That's one of my absolute favorites - classically speaking. O Brother Where Art Thou takes the gospel/bluegrass/blues title ;)

Re: Soundtrack

I sometimes listen to the Chariots Of Fire soundtrack when I go running.

The movie if you haven’t seen it (it's been recently re-released as a two disk set), is about a staunch Scots christian determination, which is contrasted against a secular Jew, which seeks this own glory.

Eighty years ago at the 1924 Olympic Games in Paris a virtually unknown man named Eric Liddell was given the spot light because of his refusal to run on Sunday. Mr. Liddell was the son of a Scottish missionary and was a theological student (In 1932 Eric was ordained as a minister). As a child in a Scottish family he very likely was taught the Westminster Shorter Catechism # 60.

When Eric Liddell was informed at the Olympic games in Paris, that the 100 metre sprint was on Sunday, he was steadfastly that he could not run on Sunday. After refusing to compromise his beliefs they switched his race to the 400 metre which was on Friday. Just before the race, Jackson Scholz, a member of the American track team, handed Liddell a note with the quotation: "them that honour me I will honour" (1 Sam. 2:30). Even though he was not prepared for this change in distance, he ended up bringing home a Gold Medal and breaking the world record - July 11th 1924.

Not really into soundtracks. But then, it's hard enough just to get me to waste money on a movie much less the soundtrack to one.

Just a few...

Donnie Darko
American Beauty
A Clockwork Orange
The Crow
The Mission
Requiem For a Dream

I have a very varied taste in music.

I have John Williams' Greatest Hits, he and James Horner and the late Jerry Goldsmith and to a lesser extent Hans Zimmer are what keep classical music alive in the modern world with their movie scores.

My favorites are the Raiders March by John Williams, the theme from "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

The theme from "E.T" (Williams), the theme from "Patton" (Goldsmith), theme from "Braveheart" (Horner), theme from "Gladiator" (Zimmer)is very pretty as well.

*clears throat* All right, here goes:
1. Conan the Barbarian
2. The Exorcist
3. The Ring/Ring 2
4. The Village (I know, the movie was pretty shoddy, but the music was spectacular)
5. Sleepy Hollow
6. Nightmare Before Christmas
7. Corpse Bride

Those are the first ones that come to mind, at any rate.

*clears throat* All right, here goes:
1. Conan the Barbarian
2. The Exorcist
3. The Ring/Ring 2
4. The Village (I know, the movie was pretty shoddy, but the music was spectacular)
5. Sleepy Hollow
6. Nightmare Before Christmas
7. Corpse Bride

Those are the first ones that come to mind, at any rate.
Somebody has a Tim Burton fetish and a taste for macabre themed movies.

Not really into soundtracks. But then, it's hard enough just to get me to waste money on a movie much less the soundtrack to one.

Neither am I....but I do remember listening to the soundtrack of the PBS series on the Civil War. I have a deep interest in that period of time and love the music of that era. Much of it has Irish origins, I believe, and that may be drawing out something deep within me.

I don't recall listening to any other soundtrack, but maybe I will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back